Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imagine Impact 3

did you guys have a chance to read the AMA? it was pretty enlightening to read the comments from the creatives-- some hadn't ever written a script. that's way cool that their idea was sufficient enough to get on board with the writer.

i gave them three additional concepts for the "any other ideas," one has a script the other two are just concepts.

i think they said they took two of the alternate ideas to develop, but you have to have a completed sample.

after the AMA i went back and tried to personalize my responses as much as possible. might have gone too far. haha.

i really liked the idea that all these creators are still connecting with each other and with the Impact Team.

what a cool opportunity.

good luck to everyone who entered, may you hear the words, "Hello, this is Ron Howard from Imagine Impact--"
    FA4
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

It's too late for me to enter, but I was wondering for those who know: The 30 second intro videos....the candidates that were successful - did they keep it simple? Did anyone speak about why their video stood out to help them land a spot? The video seems to be the most daunting part of the application.

Comment

I unfortunately missed my window this year but good luck to everyone here who submitted! It’d be awesome to have a winner from this community.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
          It's too late for me to enter, but I was wondering for those who know: The 30 second intro videos....the candidates that were successful - did they keep it simple? Did anyone speak about why their video stood out to help them land a spot? The video seems to be the most daunting part of the application.
          i don't think anyone mentioned that the video is what got them the gig. creators did say that they felt the importance of the video was to show you could pitch yourself.

the reddit is really interesting. it's a little weird because the answers aren't next to the questions like a thread would be-- or at least that i can figure out.

https://www.reddit.com/user/imagineimpact/ check it out.

i did change my responses after the reddit listing-- tried to make it more personal. they may come to the conclusion i need therapy. haha.
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
            i don't think anyone mentioned that the video is what got them the gig. creators did say that they felt the importance of the video was to show you could pitch yourself.

the reddit is really interesting. it's a little weird because the answers aren't next to the questions like a thread would be-- or at least that i can figure out.

https://www.reddit.com/user/imagineimpact/ check it out.

i did change my responses after the reddit listing-- tried to make it more personal. they may come to the conclusion i need therapy. haha.

Maybe, they are enjoying your answers at this very moment. I wish there was more guidance on how to do that video. That's the area that seems the most daunting.

Comment

Did anyone receive no notification of their application status yet? I received no notification email and sent them a message on FB, but no response.

Comment

they sent out the rejection letters late Friday. all accepted finalists were confirmed. if you didn't receive a letter, check your "junk." if it's not there double check them them directly.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                  they sent out the rejection letters late Friday. all accepted finalists were confirmed. if you didn't receive a letter, check your "junk." if it's not there double check them them directly.

Thanks. While I submitted on time and have a screenshot of my app proving that, I don't think my app was ever received. I tried contacting them via email, FB and Twitter, and received no response.

So for future reference, if you don't receive a confirmation email right when you submit, make sure you follow up right away, which I failed to do.

Comment

Anyone else get invited into their private FB group?

Comment

Originally posted by NoNeckJoe View Post
                      it's different than their Imagine Impact FB page?

congrats, dude.
                      Last edited by finalact4; 09-07-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNeckJoe View Post
                        Yes. Haven't had the chance to check it out yet.

Comment

The Impact 3 creators and shapers are on the website!

Creators
                          https://www.imagine-impact.com/i3-creators

Shapers
                          https://www.imagine-impact.com/i3-shapers

Comment

Surprising how many already have reps/have been staffed on multiple shows.

Comment

Wow -- I know one of the people on the list. He has literally been working at this since 2002/2003, which is when I met him. He started selling his work like 4 or 5 years ago.

Comment

already accomplished writers. good luck to them on this amazing journey.

Comment

Working...
                                X