Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Articles, Books, Blogs, Magazines, DVDs & Podcasts
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 02:53 PM   #31
finalact4

Default Re: James Franco sued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
As writers we are supposed to put ourselves in different shoes, but we rarely do that in real life. As a dumb man -- I take time to consider what it must be like be a woman in real life. Not in my dumb scripts, but real life.

The best example to show this was ironically from Aziz show (he was accused of misconduct) MASTER OF NONE.

The scene was 2 guys walk home from a bar and they are having the time of their lives. Happy Music. And a pretty girl walks home alone from same bar, same locations on the way home in NYC and they are playing the great Halloween horror theme because she's on the lookout for a sexual predator or murderer. That really was a great example of how different it is.

I'm a Jewish man, so maybe I'm more sensitive to this. But I look like a white man so when the cops pull me over, I have a fighting chance. I joke with my black friend (gucci) about that and it's true. I have zero idea what it's actually like to be black and be scared of just going outside.

So yes, sure, I want the law to be neutral and unbiased and unemotional about things. I prefer we let some guilty men get away with crimes as long as all the innocent men go free too -- just like John Adams said. But that doesn't happen. I love how we act like every case is A Few Good Men. We all know it's not that. Money can buy you better lawyers who can buy you freedom.

A rich male, actor or athlete, has such command over other people it's unreal. I would kill someone if Tom Brady asked me too (joke to break up the seriousness fyi -- it depends who he picked...).

Just because some crimes aren't found guilty in the courts doesn't mean there was no crime committed at all. Some crimes are moral ones.
Nice post, Bono.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:01 PM   #32
megablahblah
User

If I meet a girl at a bar and she tells me she's an actress, and I happen to know a casting director and she happens to find me attractive anyway and we're hitting it off but the fact that I have this connection makes the whole thing a little bit more exciting makes me a little bit more attractive because I have this mild Aura of power to help her. She comes home with me we sleep together, and then I never end up introducing her to the casting director. Maybe I always intended to, maybe I didn't. Maybe I changed my mind after interacting with her. Who knows?

Am I a predator? Did I abused her? Did I do something illegal? Do I have to be more famous and more rich and know more people in the industry in order for it to matter?

You comparing a teen student being abused by a teacher to somebody who has access to people with money and jobs is a very dangerous concept. You're creating a narrative in order to gain retribution for past people who were abused, but it makes it easier for future people to be abused.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:45 PM   #33
finalact4

Quote:
Originally Posted by megablahblah View Post
If I meet a girl at a bar and she tells me she's an actress, and I happen to know a casting director and she happens to find me attractive anyway and we're hitting it off but the fact that I have this connection makes the whole thing a little bit more exciting makes me a little bit more attractive because I have this mild Aura of power to help her. She comes home with me we sleep together, and then I never end up introducing her to the casting director. Maybe I always intended to, maybe I didn't. Maybe I changed my mind after interacting with her. Who knows?
You're attempting to minimize what are very serious allegations .

If a man uses a known or perceived advantage to KNOWINGLY COERCE A WOMAN FOR SEX then, yes, it is predatory behavior. If a man promises to help woman then don't because he "changes his mind" then he's dishonest, and an ******* who is not worth the ****.

Quote:
Am I a predator? Did I abused her? Did I do something illegal? Do I have to be more famous and more rich and know more people in the industry in order for it to matter?
Yes. Yes. Depends on the Laws. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't answer that question. No. And I will add, but you already know this, it's certainly immoral.

Quote:
You comparing a teen student being abused by a teacher to somebody who has access to people with money and jobs is a very dangerous concept. You're creating a narrative in order to gain retribution for past people who were abused, but it makes it easier for future people to be abused.
How do you know any of these women weren't teens when this happened? It is the same thing. He was the actual instructor in the sex scene, he does have access to money and jobs, so I honestly don't understand what you're saying or implying.

The narrative already exists. Bringing allegations to light is the right of the victim. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. If he and his company are found guilty he will and should be held accountable by what ever means the jury/judge deems appropriate.

When the #metoo movement broke out, Franco made this statement publicly-- he was openly challenging people to come forward.

Franko, "If I have done something wrong. I will fix it. I have to."

He said that because of the public outcry when his predatory, exploitive, and hostile history came to light. I'm reading the filing doc now.

I say "Bring it, girls." If he didn't do, he'll be fine. But if he did...

The school no longer exists.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:38 AM   #34
megablahblah
User

You're a psycho.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #35
Bono

This is a great example of why I don't post on twitter anymore, I watch people I like attack each other when they probably agree on 99% of things and it's depressing as hell.

I told myself "don't post" and I couldn't help it. I feel into the trap. The ones we are great at avoiding around here.

I think we should delete this whole thread and pretend it never happened as more bad was done than good.

And fucck James Franco too. Or don't. Sorry I'm a bad person and had to make a joke to cut out the tension...
Old 10-05-2019, 11:17 AM   #36
sc111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vango View Post
Read that full article in its entirety. I worked for the attorney general's office for 2 years and am completely neutral on these issues, Bono. There's no reason for me to defend anyone. Doe lied about what happened, tried to come up with a scheme to collect money, and the jury saw right through her. It is important to only consider the facts, and not feelings.
Odd that you linked that article since the writer focuses on Rose stating he didn't know what consent meant. The transcript of Rose's testimony is disturbing to me. The defense showing Doe's instagram photos to show she dresses provocatively? Sheesh.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:35 AM   #37
lostfootage
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
This is a great example of why I don't post on twitter anymore, I watch people I like attack each other when they probably agree on 99% of things and it's depressing as hell.

I told myself "don't post" and I couldn't help it. I feel into the trap. The ones we are great at avoiding around here.

I think we should delete this whole thread and pretend it never happened as more bad was done than good.

And fucck James Franco too. Or don't. Sorry I'm a bad person and had to make a joke to cut out the tension...
Agree. This is a thread that would best be deleted. Better to let Franco go through his due process and see what shakes out. None of us know what really happened.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:33 PM   #38
sc111

Quote:
You're a psycho.
WTF? A woman disagrees with you and therefore she's insane? Now your Whores Inc concept makes sense.

Since you opened the door ... You're ignorant and stuck in the 1950s as evidenced by your hypotheticals.

Yeah, in the Franco case some women would, and likely did, run for the hills. If the plaintiff has a solid attorney, she will likely check into the drop out rate at Franco's sex scene class and interview those students.

In fact, I just asked my 17 year old daughter what she thinks about Franco's sex scene class and she said, without skipping a beat, "Sounds like a class where you'd get raped."

So young women like my daughter would see the red flags and wouldn't even take the class In the first no matter what hot male actor was teaching it.

Others, as Final Act said, don't see the red flags. These women, insecure with low self esteem, are groomed slowly, as per FA's frog analogy.

Insecure women with shaky self esteem always question their own instincts and override those instincts to defer to men.

For over 2000 years of recorded history women have been conditioned to defer to men. Men with heart, men who choose not to take advantage of this reality do not exploit this in women to get laid. Others, like Franco, do.

Insecure women are targeted by sexual predators who can spot their prey like lions targeting a vulnerable gazelle.

Most of their victims do not report their assault because insecure women with low self esteem are apt to blame themselves for what happened to them.

Which is what you're doing. Blaming the victim. Blaming her for not heeding the warning signs or the advice of her hypothetical friends.

Everything FA4 said is correct and supported by research.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:47 PM   #39
finalact4

Quote:
You're a psycho.
Why because my opinion differs from yours— name calling is so grown up megablahblah, good for you— you certainly told me off.

Please you bore me—grow the **** up.
FA4
Old 10-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #40
finalact4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc111 View Post
WTF? A woman disagrees with you and therefore she's insane? Now your Whores Inc concept makes sense.

Since you opened the door ... You're ignorant and stuck in the 1950s as evidenced by your hypotheticals.

Yeah, in the Franco case some women would, and likely did, run for the hills. If the plaintiff has a solid attorney, she will likely check into the drop out rate at Franco's sex scene class and interview those students.

In fact, I just asked my 17 year old daughter what she thinks about Franco's sex scene class and she said, without skipping a beat, "Sounds like a class where you'd get raped."

So young women like my daughter would see the red flags and wouldn't even take the class In the first no matter what hot male actor was teaching it.

Others, as Final Act said, don't see the red flags. These women, insecure with low self esteem, are groomed slowly, as per FA's frog analogy.

Insecure women with shaky self esteem always question their own instincts and override those instincts to defer to men.

For over 2000 years of recorded history women have been conditioned to defer to men. Men with heart, men who choose not to take advantage of this reality do not exploit this in women to get laid. Others, like Franco, do.

Insecure women are targeted by sexual predators who can spot their prey like lions targeting a vulnerable gazelle.

Most of their victims do not report their assault because insecure women with low self esteem are apt to blame themselves for what happened to them.

Which is what you're doing. Blaming the victim. Blaming her for not heeding the warning signs or the advice of her hypothetical friends.

Everything FA4 said is correct and supported by research.
You said it so much better than me, sc111.

Bono, it’s fine.

Bringing this back to screenwriting, this is actually a great example of how to reveal character through dialogue, unpleasant as it may be, charged topics should not be avoided, imo, I like to know who i’m speaking to. I’m stating a POV, based on my experience.

FA4