X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
    I have to change my pants.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Above link, working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ec_rPApKCA

Yeah the trailers are looking better, anyway.

Comment

Now that's a trailer I can get into.

I didn't like the first one all that much, and the only reason I liked it even a little bit is 'cause the actors were actually pretty damn good.

I'll see this, and complain about it later.

Comment

Not going to watch the trailer. I already know I'm seeing the movie, after all

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Weems View Post
            I'll see this, and complain about it later.
            You're speaking my language.

Comment

Supposedly a complete spoiler-filled review of Star Trek Into Darkness. Read at your own risk.

I say again, SPOILERS (supposedly):

http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/04/st...here-spoilers/

Take it for what it's worth. But if it's true (and it very well could be), that is the most pathetic, retch-inducing excuse for a plot I've ever heard.

Hopefully it's just a studio misdirect.
              Last edited by karsten; 04-26-2013, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Must --- avoid -- temptation -- to hit --- link. Must--- avoid...

Comment

New official clip from Paramount:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlAx6GZyPuQ

If you know Star Trek, that pretty much completely confirms the spoilers *groan*.

And is that seriously the best take they could get from Chris Pine?

Comment

First reviews seem to be thumbs up...

Star Trek sequel Into Darkness gets beaming reviews
                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22364608

Comment

• Re: Star Trek Into Darkness

For me,

Best Sci-Fi Epic Adventure: Star Wars Original Trilogy

Best Sci-Fi Action: Terminator & Terminator 2

Best Sci-Fi Horror: Aliens

JJ movies rely a lot on CGI, which I tend to dislike; it looks too obvious because of the "polished" look. It looks too perfect to be real (no grime, dust, imperfections)

I'm in the camp where CGI should be used only when there's absolutely no other way (Like using miniature sets, alien costumes, etc.)

Comment

i knew it was a turd. i'm thinking about the kid who got to see it before he died. what a disappointment! he kept himself alive just for this, for nothing. lol. what a shame, he probably wanted to die afterwards. abrams(with big expectant eyes)"...did you like it?" - "...yeah...it was....good". no, it wasn't. even facing death he couldn't be honest, just didn't want to hurt their feelings. good going, amrams, you really did it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bananos View Post
                          i knew it was a turd. i'm thinking about the kid who got to see it before he died. what a disappointment! he kept himself alive just for this, for nothing. lol. what a shame, he probably wanted to die afterwards. abrams(with big expectant eyes)"...did you like it?" - "...yeah...it was....good". no, it wasn't. even facing death he couldn't be honest, just didn't want to hurt their feelings. good going, amrams, you really did it this time.
                          Excuse me, but who the hell are you to deem what's good to a person who passed away? If the guy enjoyed the film, let him have that gratification out of common decency due to his situation. Guess you don't have any common decency...
                          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Didn't you know, when people do good deeds to terminally ill (And the dying guy in fact did love the film), which should laugh and sneer at them.

Comment

We should be sure to denigrate people's last wishes, too. Especially if they're kids.

Comment

get off your high horses! this was a publicity stunt. if they really wanted to grant his wish, then why involve every newspaper in the world? they were just using the kid, the fact that you don't recognize that is strange, and my comment was a pun on that. just think about it, it's not like they grant every kid with cancer's wish. in fact i wrote them myself a sappy story that i had a son who was dying too, but they never got back to me. the whole marketing process around this film has reeked from the very beginning with that kid and to all the bullcrap about josh harrison. after seeing the movie, which i thought was disappointing for reasons i will not spoil, my comment was perfectly hillarious. and i know funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X