Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government/military electricians?

Say a top secret research facility for the government, a la Area 51 (and yeah, I know that's not real, lol), had a lot of bad things go on and power is out. Who does gov fly in to restore power and computers? They want ths hush hush, but they need people with good skills. Are there military people that do this?

Thanks.

Re: Government/military electricians?

Originally posted by seh View Post
    Say a top secret research facility for the government, a la Area 51 (and yeah, I know that's not real, lol), had a lot of bad things go on and power is out. Who does gov fly in to restore power and computers? They want ths hush hush, but they need people with good skills. Are there military people that do this?

Thanks.
    Or "contractors" like Halliburton.

Comment

The military has both active duty (Electricians Mate/EM or Information Tech/IT are the NEC, Navy Enlisted Codes) and civilian contractors performing these jobs at every command. They are already stationed on each base and keep things running day to day. If there was a major disaster they will borrow them from a nearby base or contract out locally. Hope that is helpful, let me know if that was not exactly what you were asking.

I gave you the Navy version, as am most familiar, but can get you the Marine or Air Force variation.
      Last edited by ChickenScratch; 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM. Reason: add a word

Comment

Yes. The military/government does everything and more. If a facility has TS information even the janitors will hold clearances. Everyone they would need in that type of scenario would already be on site.

Thanks.
        "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Comment

Communications and Electronics Branch (Canadian Forces)

In Canada: http://www.commelec.forces.gc.ca/index-eng.asp
          JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Working...
          X