Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited)

A month late, but I just wrote Fade out.

And in a shout out to the never ending "We See" paradox, I counted that it happens 10x in my script.

Now the hard work starts with the rewrite.

But I am happy to how it came out so far.
    Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Well done, cmmora! Good going.

Comment

Typing that final 'fade out' is always a bit of a thrill. And relief. I think that deserves a beer at least, Cmmora, something of quality, a cool head, some froth.
        Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Warrior View Post
          Typing that final 'fade out' is always a bit of a thrill. And relief. I think that deserves a beer at least, Cmmora, something of quality, a cool head, some froth.

When I have a few minutes, I will have one of these (or many) to celebrate...

http://www.oldspeckledhen.co.uk/

Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

It still tickles me you have the Old Speckledhen out there . . . and the sun.

nb, I like the South Park icon, it's a great great show, watch it all the time but pretty old episodes I guess. Here on the VIVA channel in the UK. Eric Cartman, that laugh when he staggers off, and the South Park silence, when something is said and the kids just watch, STUMPED.
            Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Ya, I'm able to find the "Hen" at some bars here in San Francisco, where I live.

Hopefully, I will be able to find it in L.A. this weekend since I am going to the folks house for Easter.

Southpark is a great show. My little icon is of ME as a Knights Templar. I have been fascinated with the Templar's ever since I came across them in 5th grade (around age 12).

Because life is a battle and it's good to have like minded people who have your back.

oops, I've flouted my mod status and added into your post in error!
              I'll leave it if that's okay? Not sure how that happened!

TRW says:-

We've had a few TEMPLAR programmes on TV here in the Uk recently, they have the Templar churches in London, and it's still seen as very mysterious.

I used to subscribe to a Medieval History Bookclub, it was a way of getting cheap books, you get 5 for say £5.00 and you have to buy the rest over a year... anyway... I was reading about the Battle of Bannockburn where the Scots and English clashed, the English lost, and there was a paragraph where it briefly mentioned a legend, or witness testimony ... a "fresh force" entered the battlefield at the 11th hour, and helped win the day; these were ferocious and disciplined knights, and everybody noticed them, who it is now believed may have been Templars.

After the Templars were persecuted and broken up and pursued to the edges of the Kingdom - they'd become to powerful as we know, they effectively enlisted as mercenary soldiers to survive, or so the thinking goes, and showed themselves at Bannockburn.

Who knows, but it's a good story.
              Last edited by The Road Warrior; 04-06-2012, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I can move that into here if you wish, it's like I just stepped onto your back lawn Cmmora!

Comment

No worries. It can be left as is.

When I was a Mod, I used to do accidental stuff also. No worries on my end.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                  X