Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Not sure what the situation is on posting links to uploaded scripts. Still awaiting my first paid review. So, in the meantime...

Title: American Insane

Logline: When his brother-in-law is jailed for shooting the President of the United States, a small-town lawyer finds himself to be the only one willing to take up the defense against the government prosecution.

There have been four successful attempts made on the lives of sitting U.S. Presidents. Of the assassins themselves, two were brought to stand trial, and only one ever spoke in his own defense. Charles Guiteau was that one.

Thanks. Enjoy.

https://blcklst.com/members/script/4837

Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Btw, am I the only one that searches uploaded scripts on the blacklist site by changing the number at the end of the URL?

Comment

Originally posted by tavis sarmento View Post
      Not sure what the situation is on posting links to uploaded scripts. Still awaiting my first paid review. So, in the meantime...

Logline: When his brother-in-law is jailed for shooting the President of the United States, a small-town lawyer finds himself to be the only one willing to take up the defense against the government prosecution.

There have been four successful attempts made on the lives of sitting U.S. Presidents. Of the assassins themselves, two were brought to stand trial, and only one ever spoke in his own defense. Charles Guiteau was that one.

Thanks. Enjoy.

So is the story about Charles? Or the Lawyer? Is the lawyer Charles's'..s? brother?

Comment

Can't comment on the script as you have to join 'n all and I'm not a joiner. Your logline is confusing. You seem to say Charles Guiteau's brother in law is defending him Then you seem to say Charles Guiteau is defending himself. A small-town lawyer, the only one willing -- is a movie cliche. And unnecessary - if he's the brother-in-law he already has motive to defend him. But then the family tie motive is also a cliche. And I should think lawyers would be fighting each other to have such a high profile case. Presumably its Charles Guiteau's story as he's the one you've named. I think you're saying: Charles Guiteau is defended by his lawyer brother-in-law with an insanity defense to the assassination of the President?
        Last edited by JeJ; 11-10-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I was hoping other writers with scripts uploaded would also post links in this thread, but I guess...not?

I did get a significant number of impressions off posting here, but no downloads yet.

Comment

I was hoping other writers with scripts uploaded would also post links in this thread, but I guess...not?
            Probably because you didn't make it all that clear about your "hope". Maybe you can ask the mods to edit the title of the thread, or maybe you can edit your initial post to include others.

HH

Comment

EDIT:

Second rating came back a 5. Pulled the script rather than let it run a second month.
              Last edited by kenklmn; 11-14-2012, 11:50 AM. Reason: Situation changed.

Comment

Hi,
                I'll take a shot:

Mine is called APPEARANCES.

Logline:
                An upstanding member of the Long Island Jewish Community is accused of falsifying his identity as a Holocaust survivor to cover his past as a Nazi war criminal.

Winner, 1st place, feature length screenplay category, Slamdance screenwritng contest.

https://blcklst.com/members/my_scripts/
                Last edited by LRic54; 11-12-2012, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Enjoy.

You can post contest wins in the info section for your script. That might help attract downloads. Of course I noticed that After I uploaded mine. I'm so dyslexic, duh...

Comment

Flight Risk by Mike Janowiak and me received its Blacklist review yesterday -- a 7. (That is defined on the long Blacklist thread as meaning "better than 75% of what's out there." )

Era: Present Day
                    Locations: Salt Lake City
                    Budget: Low
                    Genre: Comedy
                    Pages: 99
                    Logline:
                    When a private eye with trust issues is late paying off a debt to a loan shark incurred by his con-artist mother, he is forced to take on a job to track down a woman in need of medical attention. After recovering his target, complications arise when she claims to be his guardian angel in need of getting back to heaven.
                    Strengths:
                    Overall entertaining and charming script filled with many funny and poignant moments, humorous dialogue, and several well-drawn characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Joaneasley View Post
                      Flight Risk by Mike Janowiak and me received its Blacklist review yesterday -- a 7. (That is defined on the long Blacklist thread as meaning "better than 75% of what's out there." )

Era: Present Day
                      Locations: Salt Lake City
                      Budget: Low
                      Genre: Comedy
                      Pages: 99
                      Logline:
                      When a private eye with trust issues is late paying off a debt to a loan shark incurred by his con-artist mother, he is forced to take on a job to track down a woman in need of medical attention. After recovering his target, complications arise when she claims to be his guardian angel in need of getting back to heaven.
                      Strengths:
                      Overall entertaining and charming script filled with many funny and poignant moments, humorous dialogue, and several well-drawn characters.
                      Good luck, Joan and Mike!
                      http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

I did get a significant number of impressions off posting here, but no downloads yet.
                        Too bad I'm not an agent cause your script certainly interests me!
                        "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                          Good luck, Joan and Mike!
                          Thank you, Limama. By the way, if anyone goes to look for that review now, I just got an email from Franklin that they took it down temporarily to correct a small matter.

Comment

Hey, if anybody here tried to access our review for Flight Risk in the last couple of days, the error has been corrected, and I just made it public.
                            Joan

Comment

I have one on there. I'm gonna pay for two reads. Very cool idea.

Title: Older and Wiser
                              A.K.A. Sugar Daddy

Logline: When a father nears retirement, his irresponsible son ditches his pregnant sex-kitten fiance. She moves in with the father and tries to make him her daddy.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/script/4965
                              Last edited by magnet360; 11-20-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X