Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Do scripts that rate an 8 - 10 find a management team? Get representation? Has anything sold? I mean of the amatuer/pre-pro stuff that is not set-up anywhere?

I saw a thread somewhere else where a poster said their script was rated 9/10. Now, if the people rating these scripts are agents/producers/directors why isn't that script getting an agent behind it, or attract a management team or a director? It seems that it would.

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
      I have a billing matter related to this: I suspended hosting on my script with 6 days left. I was under the impression that I could "unsuspend" the script at any time and use the days I had left without incurring any further charge. This turned out not to be the case. I unsuspended the script--lost the 6 days--and was immed billed for another month. I wrote the support e-mail on this yesterday, still no reply. So today I "suspended" the script yet again and since the charge has already hit my account, asked if I could put another script in its place and get my 6 days back without being charged anew. TBD....
      I would love to see The Black List add some type of "heads up" email before it automatically bills you, so then you know you've got one day to be billed for another month or can go suspend your hosting.

I'm suspending my hosting in a few days -- earlier than "I think" my hosting runs for, just to make sure I'm not billed another month.

The default should be to notify you, not just assume you want to continue hosting -- since it seems more people will stop hosting than just keep it going on and on.

Comment

I'm happy with the resolution. BL credited me for the lost days from the original listing when I suspended the script, and they are willing to swap scripts so I am not charged an additional/or extra month for hosting.
        http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

I know there's been some complaints here, but I've been really impressed with the BL's customer service. Glad they helped you out, PJ.

Comment

Originally posted by CColoredClown View Post
            I know there's been some complaints here, but I've been really impressed with the BL's customer service.
            Always been absolutely brilliant with me too.
            Script Revolution - A free to use script hosting website that offers screenwriters a platform to promote their scripts and a way for filmmakers to search through them.

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
              I would love to see The Black List add some type of "heads up" email before it automatically bills you, so then you know you've got one day to be billed for another month or can go suspend your hosting.

I'm suspending my hosting in a few days -- earlier than "I think" my hosting runs for, just to make sure I'm not billed another month.

The default should be to notify you, not just assume you want to continue hosting -- since it seems more people will stop hosting than just keep it going on and on.
              If you go to "account settings" and click on "billing" it shows your next billing date.

Comment

I received this review on my sci-fi comedy, Sy Borgman, if anyone's interested. It also just moved into the quarterfinal round of the Blue Cat Screenplay competition (top 10% of 3400 entries).

PREMISE
                8/10

PLOT
                7/10

CHARACTERS
                7/10

DIALOGUE
                8/10

OVERALL
                7/10

Era: Future
                Locations: Multiple Locations
                Budget: Medium
                Genre: Comedy, Sci-Fi/Fantasy Comedy
                Pages: 95

Logline: Transferring his mind into an android's body, a scientist becomes a servant droid to his ex-girlfriend hoping to eventually win her back.

Strengths: This is a well-written script with an original premise. The writer is able to meld a science fiction world that is coherent and easy for an audience to understand. Additionally, the relationship between Milo and Yaarg/Milo is intriguing. It's comical, yet dramatic and slightly sad. Yaarg/Milo is especially endearing as an android/human attempting to learn how to act normally and still win the love of Sophie.

Weaknesses: It would be nice to see more of the relationship between Jace and Milo. Although there is obviously an antagonistic nature between the two, very little is known about Jace prior to Milo's death. It could help to know how intelligent of a character he really is. Furthermore, the relationship between Yaarg/Milo and Sophie could be expounded upon more. As it stands, although they have some scenes together, the development between the two is fairly weak. Too little is known about Sophie and Milo's past to understand why she loves him so much.

Prospects: An original science fiction comedy, the script is close to being ready for production. If improved, the film could find small success with an audience that enjoys character driven science fiction stories.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post

if you go to the billing tab, it clearly tells you when you will be rebilled. Why should the blacklist have to hold your hand regarding something you can easily check yourself? Sending out constant "we're about to rebill you" emails (which most automatic billers dont send out) would increase the cost of using the BL for writers, I would think. So I hope to goodness, they don't do this.

Comment

@ Margie -- congrats, that is a great review. I saw your logline and really like the idea. Apparently the BL reader did too -- and the writing is as good as the premise. That's great! Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Many thanks for your encouragement, coffeywriter.

Comment

Congrats Margie, on your rating with us and the Bluecat quarterfinals!

I just posted this on the epic Black List Q&A thread but I figured I'd share it here as well:

Those of you who follow us on Twitter may already be aware of this news, but I thought it valuable to report it here as well.

In the last week, we've heard some very good news from writers who have uploaded scripts to our site:

1. Callie and Ruckus Lane (RATTLE THE CAGE), from Atlanta, GA, are now clients of Caliber Media Company, despite no previous Los Angeles connections. The company is currently working with them to get RATTLE THE CAGE going with Callie and Ruckus directly.

2. Andrew Sessions (BREATHE) found a manager (Sammy Montana at Anarchy Management) via his hosting the script through the site. His script is now currently under option by Film Bridge International, who found the script via the site as well.

3. I AIN'T GETTING KILLED by Gary Holler is now under option to Mark Adkins, after Mark found the script on the site. It further looks like Mark has attached a star of two films with worldwide grosses > $175MM to star. They are currently shopping the script.

To our count, that's at least eight writers who have found agency and/or management company representation via the site and two options.

Great things are happening. We look forward to continuing the work.
                        Last edited by FranklinLeonard; 02-01-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much, Franklin.

And congratulations to you on the success of your site so far. Considering how short a time has passed since this began, that's quite a few success stories. More than most contests can boast.

Comment

Cool, great stuff! I just posted "Teddy in Monsterland"

LOGLINE: A teddy bear must travel to the shadowlands to save his boy from monsters who took him in the night.

(I almost typed that backward - that could be a cool script huh? Monster in Teddyland?)
                            www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
                            http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Originally posted by stainjm View Post
                              Cool, great stuff! I just posted "Teddy in Monsterland"

LOGLINE: A teddy bear must travel to the shadowlands to save his boy from monsters who took him in the night.

(I almost typed that backward - that could be a cool script huh? Monster in Teddyland?)
                              I'd sex-up that logline. Add more emotion. Maybe:

After his beloved 8-year-old owner is kidnapped by merciless monsters from the "Shadowlands," a lowly, fluffy teddybear named Hope embarks on a dangerous quest to rescue the only one who's ever loved him.
                              I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Thank you - I probably will... Though I was thinking of going for a minimalist thing for a bit to see how it works (my original really tells you all it needs to tell you, no?)

I do like what you did, and I see what you are doing with the name 'hope,' but what do you think about:

"After his beloved 8 year old owner is kidnapped by merciless monsters from the "Shadowlands," a tiny teddy bear named Fluffy embarks on a dangerous quest to rescue the one boy who's ever loved him."
                                www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
                                http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Working...
                                X