How Many Members On Done Deal Are Writer - Directors?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Members On Done Deal Are Writer - Directors?

and if you sell a script would you negotiate to be the director
    Last edited by kdmccaskill; 10-05-2019, 05:11 PM.

Re: How Many Members On Done Deal Are Writer - Directors?

Is your directing portfolio as strong as your writing?

Comment

Originally posted by Vango View Post
      Is your directing portfolio as strong as your writing?
      sorry, I was on my phone

Comment

Originally posted by kdmccaskill View Post
        sorry, I was on my phone
        Not understanding this statement. Did you make an error?

The point I was trying to make, although may have failed to, was that if your writing and directing are equally on par, then you can for sure toss your name in the hat, and then let the producers decide. Sometimes writers may get ahead of themselves as say "I want to direct too," but haven't done much work in that trajectory, and would jeopardize the film if they were to attempt it. When you write a script, you say to yourself, I am the best person, I am maybe the only person, who can write this script. You must say the same thing when directing. I am the right person to direct this film, and I will do a better job on it than almost any director out there. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Vango View Post
          Not understanding this statement. Did you make an error?

The point I was trying to make, although may have failed to, was that if your writing and directing are equally on par, then you can for sure toss your name in the hat, and then let the producers decide. Sometimes writers may get ahead of themselves as say "I want to direct too," but haven't done much work in that trajectory, and would jeopardize the film if they were to attempt it. When you write a script, you say to yourself, I am the best person, I am maybe the only person, who can write this script. You must say the same thing when directing. I am the right person to direct this film, and I will do a better job on it than almost any director out there. Best of luck!
          I think a Screenwriter has an easier chance at breaking in the film industry than a Director because with an aspiring filmmaker you are limited by a budget, with a Screenwriter you can dream up a screenplay budget of $10,000 - $300,000,000

Comment

Originally posted by kdmccaskill View Post
            I think a Screenwriter has an easier chance at breaking in the film industry than a Director because with an aspiring filmmaker you are limited by a budget, with a Screenwriter you can dream up a screenplay budget of $10,000 - $300,000,000
            And you would be wrong. Nobody has an easy chance to break in. It's years of hard work either way.... Oh, an no writer is breaking in with a script that's got a 300 million dollar budget, ever.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X