Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highland

I love John August and his podcast. And I love Craig Mazin and his podcast. Wait, it's the same podcast?

However, I still use Final Draft and when I tried to use Highland I honestly could not really figure it out. I think there was a software called Slugline that used Fountain, but seemed to lay it out like FD does and I could use it...

So every time John and Craig make fun of Final Draft, I say to myself, I agree, but also it works for me and I'm going to keep using it.

But mostly I don't understand why I can't figure out Highland. It is not writing easier for me. When I've used it, it took me like 10 minutes to do what should take 1 second without thinking on FD.

So has anyone enjoyed using Highland? Am I just old and confused?

Re: Highland

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    So has anyone enjoyed using Highland? Am I just old and confused?
    I don't use a Mac, but if I did I would use Slugline. I like its simplicity and the Fountain format. I didn't realize that Highland 2 (now 2.5) has added "layers" to the Fountain file format.
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Don't use a mac???? Seriously what do you use?

I'm getting sick of apple ruining their best feature -- their keyboards.

Comment

Don't use a mac???? Seriously what do you use?
        Linux Mint 19.1 currently (on this desktop computer). I've been using Linux exclusively for about 12 (13?) years now. Linux Mint for about ten years.

I'm getting sick of apple ruining their best feature -- their keyboards.
        I just use Logitech wireless keyboards and mice. Lots of choices when doing that.
        STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Working...
        X