Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2004, 10:11 AM   #1
mucky

Default Liquid Vision--info anyone?

Does anyone have any info on Liquid Vision Pictures or their development exec. Jason Rabold?

I can't find anything on them other than a posting on hcdonline saying they are looking for scripts.

Thanks!
Z
Old 12-29-2004, 04:25 PM   #2
DUCPHO

Does that tell you something?

It most probably means your Mr. Rabold is a "wanna be" producer...like so many others... and feels that if he runs an add he will eventually snare a potential project with possibilities that he then can use to shake some trees for money!

If this guy has any filmography b.g. you will find him on IMDB.com.

On the other hand, he may have emerged from some other corner of the industry, I have encountered stunt men, grips and even set designers who want to become producers.

I would approach with caution!

All it really takes is the rights to a good property and the connections to get attachments and financing.

Unfortunately this business has changed dramatically over the past 15 years and now there are a host of these wanna be producers. You can usually spot the "dead ends" when they tell you they do not have any money to option your project in a normal fashion and ask you to give them an "exclusive" agreement for a short period so that they can then schlep your hard work around town... in some cases burning bridges behind them on your behalf!:smokin
Old 12-29-2004, 07:14 PM   #3
night fugue

Default Jason Rabold

A search on Google shows he was Executive Vice President of Predator Pictures LLC. Ooooh, real impressive website. And no produced credits. Forget it.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:22 PM   #4
mucky

Default that's what I thought

Yeah, I think I decided he was full of crap when he mentioned in his ad having a "housekeeping deal" with a major studio. If this were true:
a) I would be able to find some info on him somewhere
b) he wouldn't be looking to score scripts from just anybody

Thanks for the help.
Z
Old 12-30-2004, 02:54 PM   #5
night fugue

Default Housekeeping deal

His housekeeping deal probably includes vacuuming and light dusting. But does he do windows?