Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
Knaight

Default Re: Anybody have a success story from a follow-up email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrissCross View Post
I was told a long time ago that it's not about the script you are sending but more about the next script and the one after that. It's really about building a relationship and opening a door that wasn't open before and keeping that door open.
I heard this too.

It's not really true. Reps want to sign clients who already have a script they can sell. Developing someone who is capable of writing a salable script, but doesn't have one yet, requires a large expenditure of time and energy.

The script that matters most is the one that you're sending them NOW.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #22
itsallgood
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by versed View Post
So do you send another follow-up e-mail after that month has passed? That's the position I'm in now (already sent one follow-up e-mail, was told they hadn't gotten to it yet - that was two weeks ago)...
I hear you! I'm in the same boat. It makes you appreciate the "not for me"-'s, at least then you have an answer! It's a mystery to me. I feel like such an idgit following up, but then I get such nice replies that I keep doing it.

One gave me an approximate date to follow up on, that date has passed, so I'm following up next week. One said I should hear back at the end of the month after writing a long paragraph apologizing for the delay. Another hasn't replied to my first follow up, even though they're the ones who requested that I upload my script via their website. I guess I won't follow up again with them. I think if you don't hear back, don't worry about it so much, and concentrate on your other irons in the fire -- thinking up new concepts, writing, re-writing, etc.
itsallgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #23
alexandermartinez
New User

If a company doesn't reply to a follow-up email, then it's as good as dead, right?
alexandermartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #24
mikejc
Regular

John August said it best, "Anything other than an actual, specific 'Yes!' is a 'no."
mikejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #25
MattyLock
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejc View Post
John August said it best, "Anything other than an actual, specific 'Yes!' is a 'no."
Well, I'm the OP here, and after not hearing back on my check-in with a manager at a very reputable company for two months, I figured what the hell and wrote him again. He wrote back instantly "Sorry it's been a while and I still haven't read it! But I promise to soon. Thanks for checking in."

So you really just never know. And there's nothing to lose.
MattyLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #26
itsallgood
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyLock View Post
Well, I'm the OP here, and after not hearing back on my check-in with a manager at a very reputable company for two months, I figured what the hell and wrote him again. He wrote back instantly "Sorry it's been a while and I still haven't read it! But I promise to soon. Thanks for checking in."

The Brothers Gibb said it best: "Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive, stayin alive!"
Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #27
Knaight

Quote:

Awesome.

The way I see it, as long as you don't come across as weird or needy, it's quite possible that potential reps will actually appreciate you being assertive. It demonstrates ambition, which is a necessary attribute in this business.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #28
MattyLock
User

Just wanted to update this! After two check-ins with a manager at a big management firm, he got back to me at the beginning of the week with a great email. He passed on the script I had sent, but told me his door will always be open to me and to email him when my next project is ready. So I consider this a success. And who knows, if I wouldn't have checked in, this may never had happened.
MattyLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #29
itsallgood
User

Quote:
Just wanted to update this! After two check-ins with a manager at a big management firm, he got back to me at the beginning of the week with a great email. He passed on the script I had sent, but told me his door will always be open to me and to email him when my next project is ready. So I consider this a success. And who knows, if I wouldn't have checked in, this may never had happened.
That's great! I like how it ended with an open door.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #30
CameronAlexander
User

I had the same thing happen to me recently. Sent something out to a big management company. Didn't hear anything back for awhile, checked in--they got around to reading it. They passed, but wanted to see more scripts in the future.
CameronAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote