Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #91
Richmond Weems

Default Re: My Plug For ScriptGal (Amanda)

I'm taking time out from drowning kittens and making snide comments to say that I recently used ScriptGal's services and it was well worth the money.

She articulated the deficiencies (the ones I glossed over and ignored hoping no one would notice), made some suggestions to put me on the right path, and, most importantly, gave me renewed vigor in tackling a script that had lost some of its appeal to me.

Definitely a good value, and can't recommend her highly enough.

HH
Richmond Weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #92
entlassen

What's her discount for Done Dealers?
entlassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #93
Richmond Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by entlassen View Post
What's her discount for Done Dealers?
I think it's 20%, but don't quote me on that.

By the way, I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is about saying too much, but she did offer to "get my script out to a couple of good people I know".

I want to fix the problems she pointed out before letting anyone else read it, though, so we'll see.

HH
Richmond Weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #94
ScriptGal
Regular

Yes, 20% off for DDers for most services. Just mention it when you contact me and I'll send you the link to the discount page, which btw can be found if you Google "scriptgal discount page." Damn you, Google.
http://www.scriptgal.com/

Discount for DD Members!
ScriptGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #95
TGM
New User

Amanda is a MUST for anyone wanting to take their script to the next level.She recently went over my action piece and brilliantly dissected it, giving me notes that will be instrumental in clearing up a number of issues.

In my mind she is the consummate pro in story analysis, and I will continue to seek her out for sage advice.

Last edited by TGM : 09-16-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typo
TGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #96
Colin Holmes
Regular

A little update on my work with Amanda.

She gave me some great notes and after the rewrite, that was the script I took to pitch in Austin. It got me into the pitch finals and favorable response from the judges.

Amanda asked if she could pass it along to a manager for a read and she did. He liked it and got it to a producer. He likes it and we're supposed to talk this week.

I am cautiously optimistic, but I have to say that Amanda's help has been incredible.
Colin Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #97
cjryan111
User

I want to add my voice to the chorus. Amanda is a pleasure to work with. Her notes are thorough and always on the mark, and her guidance is superb. She is also very available to her clients.

One feels Amanda really has your back through what sometimes seems an overwhelming process - re-writes. One of her suggestions for our comedy script absolutely dismayed my partner and me. Then we tried it, and the script was not only better, it was easier to write, and had become more marketable.

I hope to post an update soon re our progress on the script and getting passed on to management.
cjryan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #98
lordmanji

I just got some notes back from Amanda and wanted to share my experience with other DDers: Amanda is the real deal. I submitted the same script to the Black List site and Amanda's evaluation of the script (considers for myself and the script) was on par with the Black List's where it received an 8 overall score.

Amanda even gave a few notes on how to get the script to a 9-10 rating which I've eagerly implemented.

I think we've all experienced readers where we roll the dice based on their genre preference, what they had to eat, or even more dangerously, a lack of ability to evaluate a script that is masked by their title of "reader" which may ultimately and irreparably damage our scripts.

Conversely, there are real READERS like Amanda (and Andrew) who can look at any script objectively and professionally. With the discount, Amanda's also one of the least inexpensive analysts to boot and has my wholehearted endorsement.

P.S. Amanda doesn't advertise this, but she offered me a referral to her contacts at the top agencies and management companies.
lordmanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #99
stainjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Holmes View Post
A little update on my work with Amanda.

She gave me some great notes and after the rewrite, that was the script I took to pitch in Austin. It got me into the pitch finals and favorable response from the judges.

Amanda asked if she could pass it along to a manager for a read and she did. He liked it and got it to a producer. He likes it and we're supposed to talk this week.

I am cautiously optimistic, but I have to say that Amanda's help has been incredible.
Congrats Colin!
stainjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #100
HermanTheCrow
User

Thumbs up Re: My Plug For ScriptGal (Amanda)

Received notes earlier today from ScriptGal. I was extremely pleased and would definitely go to her again.

I felt like she really understood what I was going for, and offered great suggestions as to how to get there. I had a good idea about what elements were and weren't working, but she offered real insight that I desperately needed. I had grown a bit exhausted with my script, but now I can't wait to get back in there and go after it with an axe. When I'm done with that, I'll probably book an appointment with her for notes on another script.

I can't get quality feedback like this from anyone I know, so for me, her service is invaluable.

Thanks again!!
HermanTheCrow is offline   Reply With Quote