Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Frequently Asked Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2002, 07:29 PM   #11
slug line

opus,

were they open to look at some of your other scripts or did they just fire off a form letter: "put your hands up and step away from that keyboard"?
Old 10-12-2002, 11:13 AM   #12
BlueParrot2

i wrote a short script where I parody a partner at one of these firms on the show BLIND DATE. I sent it to someone who sent it to someone who sent it to someone. From that, they requested a meeting.

We talked about Korean BBQs and I asked for a freebie. They gave me a cap.
Old 10-12-2002, 12:45 PM   #13
Mompboken

How did you get internet access in Austin, Blue? Shouldn't you be playing doubles with Shane right now?
Old 10-12-2002, 05:28 PM   #14
virgilcain

Default yuuuuck!

Hillbilly, That is completly disgusting. Glad I waited to have that meatloaf!
Old 10-13-2002, 01:08 PM   #15
MakingMagic

That's awful, I don't even know what the hell it is.
Old 10-14-2002, 08:45 AM   #16
Gumsandals

It looks like an alien invasion to me. Run for the hills!
Old 10-14-2002, 10:41 AM   #17
Augie Kestrel

I <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> told<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> him not to sit in front of the ball-return.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:16 PM   #18
kojled

sent script to icm. they liked it, asked to see more. took five weeks

zilla
Old 10-16-2002, 03:51 PM   #19
MakingMagic

Congrats . . . who at ICM got the lucky read?
Old 10-20-2002, 02:06 AM   #20
gregdodson

Default caa, endeavor, icm, uta, wma

I was set up on a blind date with a woman who turned out to be an agent's assistant at CAA. I felt uncomfortable admitting that I was an aspiring screenwriter, but when I finally mentioned it, she said that she would be glad to read anything I had. So we ended up back at my place, and she asked to read my script right then and there. I let her read it, as I waited in my bedroom. My script is a comedy, and I felt relieved when I heard her laughing. I popped my head out, and tears were streaming down her face. She told me this was the funniest script she had read in months, and she called her boss -- this was at 10 o'clock on a Friday night. She was so jazzed about my script that she told him he'd have to read my script that weekend. He said he wanted to meet her for breakfast the next morning, so he could read it. I thanked the assistant profusely, then she said, "Now you owe me one," and proceeded to have her way with me. Suffice to say, we slept for about two hours, then met her boss at Hugo's for breakfast. He read the script at the table, and half-way through said, "I can tell this is great. I'd like to show this to some people." Wow -- couldn't believe my luck. This was by far the best date I'd ever been on.

But then, a month later, both the assistant and the agent weren't returning my phone calls. I finally confronted the assistant in the CAA parking garage (I work as a messsenger), and asked her what was up. She coldly stated, "I don't think there's anything else we can do for you."