I'm Curious, How did you get your agent?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An agent data-what?

HTML Comments are not allowed

Comment

Re: An agent data-what?

I took mine out on a date (acted like I didnt know where she worked) then later, married her

Comment

And she still won't rep you? ;-)

Jami
        my husband's not an agent, but at least he can fix my computer ...

Comment

Oh, she repps me (when I least expect it)!

Comment

What is going on here?

I tried this twice now (the above HTML notes), I hope this one works...

A query letter got me repped.

I started out with an agent hit-list in Oct. Made close to thirty cold-calls, which was pretty degrading at times... I had one agent lecture me for 20 minutes on how I should be a feature writer, not a sitcom writer. Sent out 70 query letters. Placed follow-up calls to all of them, once a week after the first month. I even created an Access database to track all of them and my interactions with their office - what a dork...

The cold-calls got me "in" with some assistants, who were great and tried to help as much as they could. That led to about six leads, most of which fell through. Then I got a contract in Feb. from an agent I queried... and called and called and called...

Comment

Re: What is going on here?

Manager--query letter.

Comment

Re: What is going on here?

A friend of mine was repped by an agent. My friend took an interest
                in a script that I was working on - my first. He had some people
                interested in his other material, but he felt my script was stronger.
                Yeah, great for the ego.

He wanted to go out with two scripts, so he helped with a rewrite on
                mine - his work definitely made for a stronger story. He shopped them
                both, ours got optioned. He dropped out of the screenwriting scene,
                but I still have the agent, but still no sales.

Comment

damn good query

Sending hundreds of queries. On great stationary. Bourbon. Cigarettes. More queries. Phone calls in which I forced myself to seem witty and erudite. Having a pretty good, if not wholly original script which (apparently) indicated my writing did not completely suck. Upshot: perseverence.

Comment

How did you get your agent?

Ist lit agent: query.
                    2nd lit agent: query
                    manager: through a Screenplayers email marketing campaign (basically, once again, a query)

Sam
                    www.screenplayers.net/scr...rsnet.html

Comment

Working...
                    X