Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandy

I'm going to see this one tonight. Looking forward to it. I love Nic Cage and this film looks very trippy, which I like.

If you haven't seen the trailer check it out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRKVxT4-1wM

As always, the Cage seems to put his all into this role. He and his wife are in the woods and someone takes her and Nic has to go all badass on everyone.

So I hope it is as awesome as it seems in the trailer. I haven't read too much about it because I want to be surprised, but I did see that there is a lot of buzz about Nic's performance with the proverbial "He's back folks!", so here's hoping.

Anyone else going to see it?

Re: Mandy

Hi all. I saw Mandy in the theatre. It isn't showing many places and my local theatre only has one show time per day. But I do hope they widen the release on it.

Ok so first I have to say in my opinion I feel the audience is going to be split on this film. Either you will love it or hate it, I don't think there is going to be much in between from the audience reactions when I went to see it.

I personally loved it. The use of lighting is absolutely beautiful. The first half is a more slow pace with an ethereal feeling, the second half is just a complete action packed, lsd laced, mind-f***!

I am particularly happy that they used practical fx in this one instead of cgi for everything.

It has a grindy, gritty 70's feel to it, even down to the fonts used in the beginning credits and the grainy look of the movie. Took me back to my childhood watching interesting horror films back in the late 70's early 80's that my parents would probably be very shocked to know I saw back then. lol

I love that they put in some animations. They reminded me a lot of Heavy Metal (1981). Very cool to say the least.

I don't want to say too much about it as I feel it is best to go in not knowing very much about any details. But I can say it is definitely worth it and Nic Cage is amazing in this flick.

I highly recommend watching this one on the big screen. Not sure how it would transfer over onto the small screen. It is pretty dark most of the time and I have found dark films on smaller screens just don't work, you can't see much that way. So please go see it on the big screen for maximum effect.

So who else is gonna check Mandy out? Would love to hear others thoughts on it.

Comment

Re: Mandy

Originally posted by Darthclaw13 View Post
      Hi all. I saw Mandy in the theatre. It isn't showing many places and my local theatre only has one show time per day. But I do hope they widen the release on it.

Ok so first I have to say in my opinion I feel the audience is going to be split on this film. Either you will love it or hate it, I don't think there is going to be much in between from the audience reactions when I went to see it.

I personally loved it. The use of lighting is absolutely beautiful. The first half is a more slow pace with an ethereal feeling, the second half is just a complete action packed, lsd laced, mind-f***!

I am particularly happy that they used practical fx in this one instead of cgi for everything.

It has a grindy, gritty 70's feel to it, even down to the fonts used in the beginning credits and the grainy look of the movie. Took me back to my childhood watching interesting horror films back in the late 70's early 80's that my parents would probably be very shocked to know I saw back then. lol

I love that they put in some animations. They reminded me a lot of Heavy Metal (1981). Very cool to say the least.

I don't want to say too much about it as I feel it is best to go in not knowing very much about any details. But I can say it is definitely worth it and Nic Cage is amazing in this flick.

I highly recommend watching this one on the big screen. Not sure how it would transfer over onto the small screen. It is pretty dark most of the time and I have found dark films on smaller screens just don't work, you can't see much that way. So please go see it on the big screen for maximum effect.

So who else is gonna check Mandy out? Would love to hear others thoughts on it.

I saw the premiere at the Egyptian the other day (Nic Cage was there for a Q&A)...thought it was beautifully shot, cool style, amazing score, practical effects, etc. Panos has a unique vision which is super psychedelic, heavy-metal, trippy. I personally didn't love it (I also hated BEYOND THE BLACK RAINBOW). Honestly didn't think it was anything special from Cage...just Nic being Nic...unhinged and manic. But it is worth a watch for the technical mastery at the least. Might be more fun to watch if you're actually on LSD.

Comment

Working...
      X