A dumb question? "Annotated" specs and examples?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dumb question? "Annotated" specs and examples?

I was persuaded by this article (a good read BTW) to look into it further but Google came up with nothing. I'm assuming a Powerpoint / graphic novel version of your script, but other definitions include just extra notes with each character or scene or whatnot. Which is closer to the truth? Does anyone have pro examples or success stories? Any clues are appreciated, thanks.
    What I have crossed out, I didn't like. What I haven't crossed out, I am dissatisfied with.
    (Cecil B. DeMille's notes to an unknown screenwriter)

Re: A dumb question? "Annotated" specs and examples?

BUMP so, no one? Beuller?
    What I have crossed out, I didn't like. What I haven't crossed out, I am dissatisfied with.

Comment

I'd be happy to answer your question if I knew what you were asking. It seemed like you wrote that in a hurry and did not communicate clearly what it is that you are asking.

-Michael
      twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Is the question, "Does having a graphic novel version of your screenplay help?"
        "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Are you intending to recreate your screenplay in Flash?
          "Ecco il grande Zampano!"

Comment

Visuals can help if you are trying to get across something difficult to express. George Lucas did that with his famous still paintings for Star Wars, the battle scene in Pearl Harbor was made into a very rudimentary CG sequence and some movies that want to get across a very stylized look can benefit. But you can also seriously waste a lot of time doing things like that (I know).

Comment

Originally posted by michaelb View Post
              I'd be happy to answer your question if I knew what you were asking. It seemed like you wrote that in a hurry and did not communicate clearly what it is that you are asking.

-Michael
              What is an annotated screenplay as defined in the article I provided a link to?

Comment

Originally posted by iDV8 View Post
                Visuals can help if you are trying to get across something difficult to express. George Lucas did that with his famous still paintings for Star Wars, the battle scene in Pearl Harbor was made into a very rudimentary CG sequence and some movies that want to get across a very stylized look can benefit. But you can also seriously waste a lot of time doing things like that (I know).
                Thank you! See, I thought you weren't supposed to do that either, but now is there going to be a trend where that is done for meeting purposes? I hope not.

Comment

I would guess that in most cases the people who are going all out like that are the producers or directors that are trying to get green lit for a project from a studio or financiers by giving them some amazing taste of what it will be. I think it would be highly uncharacteristic of a screenwriter on his own to do anything like that.

Comment

That makes more sense. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X