X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin notification timeline

Originally posted by Dixon View Post
    Not yet.

I entered six projects this year, five pilots/features and one short. Received emails last week on the five and letters today, but nary a peep about the short. (None of the five advanced, even though two were second-rounders last year and the year before.)

~Dixon
    Sorry to hear though fingers crossed for your short!

My pilot didn't advance (heard last week). Still waiting on news about my feature.

Comment

Originally posted by BKDodger View Post
      Good to know - keeping the hope alive!

Anyone heard back on the shorts category yet?
      I entered two shorts. Received a pass on one by email and letter, nothing about the second one.

Comment

Just got my email notification. Feature made it to the 2nd round. 😊 Gonna try to make it out to the festival for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by cakepoplover View Post
          Just got my email notification. Feature made it to the 2nd round. 😊 Gonna try to make it out to the festival for the first time.
          Me too. Second round. I make second round every year but never to the semis. I think I just don't have a style or voice they like.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixon View Post
            Not yet.

I entered six projects this year, five pilots/features and one short. Received emails last week on the five and letters today, but nary a peep about the short. (None of the five advanced, even though two were second-rounders last year and the year before.)

~Dixon
            Just received an email that my short advanced to the second round. So it looks like they're saving shorts for last and that notices are starting to go out. Good luck to everybody.

~Dixon

Comment

Waiting patiently to hear about my drama feature. This is my first time entering Austin so not sure what to expect, but this script has been doing well in other contests, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason this year as to how they are notifying folks:

Yesterday got an email that one of my shorts made second round.
                Last Friday got emails that two other shorts were a "pass" but my sitcom spec made second round.

Tuesday got a snail mail about the sitcom second rounder.

Still waiting on one other short...

I may attend for the first time and unsure as to which pass to get, but reading all the old threads here for advice. Maybe we can get a done deal meet up for the conference.

Congrats to everyone and fingers crossed for those waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch View Post
                  Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason this year as to how they are notifying folks:
                  Here's my theory:

(1) Most of the "pass" notices went out first-- since they required the least number of reviews, they would be more likely to be already determined by Sep. 1.

(2) I suspect 2nd rounders may need up to two more external good reviews and an internal good review (i.e., by the Austin people themselves) to advance to the semis.

That may sound like a lot of reviews, but I think there are like ~1365 second rounders, and maybe about 50-60 semifinalists? (Note this would explain a couple of posters here who said their friends were still reading scripts with deadlines as late as this past Mon.)

(3) So generally speaking, the later you get informed that you made the second round, the closer you got to the semis.

(4) Now I don't think this predicted timeline will work out exactly, because some external reviewers will be much faster than others. But I think it will hold up on average...

Anyway, those of you with multiple 2nd rounders should be able to judge for yourselves whether this theory is correct when Austin sends out the 2nd round reviewer notes to everybody in November or whenever.

EDIT: Note also the timeline was screwed up by the glitch about assigning the same script name to multiple entries in the notification emails, so not quite sure how that may have affected things...

Comment

Originally posted by Zodraz View Post
                    Here's my theory:

(1) Most of the "pass" notices went out first-- since they required the least number of reviews, they would be more likely to be already determined by Sep. 1.

(3) So generally speaking, the later you get informed that you made the second round, the closer you got to the semis.
                    I can attest to #1 as my pilot pass came super quick. Hope you're right about #3 - looking forward to reading the notes. And after hearing about others experiences from friends who've attended to some of the podcasts, I'm super excited to go. A DD meetup would be awesome.

Comment

No letter today, no mail tomorrow. What are the odds I'm going to get that letter on the very last day? Lol

Anyone else still waiting?

Comment

I entered a short and two features. Haven't heard a peep about any of them, via any means of communication. I wonder if they send emails over the weekend. I kind of doubt it.

Guess we have to wait until Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimbritt View Post
                          No letter today, no mail tomorrow. What are the odds I'm going to get that letter on the very last day? Lol

Anyone else still waiting?
                          I have two comedy screenplays I haven't heard about. My drama script made 2nd round, but I found that out last week.

Guess we'll know everything in about 48 hours or so...

Comment

I still haven't heard about any of my entries.

However, I do know that two semifinalists were notified last night, and another semifinalist was called today, so there's still hope...

Oh, and one more thing:

Originally posted by Zodraz View Post
                            That may sound like a lot of reviews, but I think there are like ~1365 second rounders, and maybe about 50-60 semifinalists?
                            I think I may have severely underestimated the total number of semifinalists across all the categories-- my guess now is that it will be closer to 140.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
                            Last edited by Zodraz; 09-10-2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I wonder how they decide who will be notified by email vs a phone call. Glad to hear it could still be good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimbritt View Post
                                I wonder how they decide who will be notified by email vs a phone call. Glad to hear it could still be good news.
                                as i understand it, everyone who is not a semifinalist, i.e., dinks and Second Rounders, gets an email/letter. if you're past the Second Round, you get a call

Comment

Working...
                                X