Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
rookie
New User

Default Don't know squat... rookie question

Until recently, all my previous writing efforts where in another industry and not related to this one. Roughly five years ago I thought I would channel some of my more subversive work activities into something that would get me into less trouble and amused myself with writing some TV Premises and putting the best couple up on one of those industry content search sites that supposedly sometimes people in your industry look at.

Around the beginning of October I heard from a Producer that actually had some decent credits on imdb.com that has cut some deals with one of the Networks before. This individual had seen my most recent one and was interested in the show premise and wanted to know if it was available and for sale. I haven't heard from them since the Union decided they wanted some of the crumbs from the table of the Five Star Restaurants the owners frequent, however I think I will based on the individual's track record and based on some input some from some friends who have always worked in non-entertainment TV and somehow have crossed paths.

When the strike is over!!!, if either this individual or one of the others that keep pulling it up repeatedly to view it decide to contact me, what usually happens if that interest turns into something more concrete? I know from lurking here the past few days that they surely would not allow an unknown to write the pilot by themselves if they bought it. With the price of these things I would guess they would want someone with a track record in your business. Basically my questions are:

1) Is there any chance I could get attached to it if I didn't write the Pilot or only had minor participation in it?

2) What is the best case you ever heard of in this situation?

I have jumped around a couple of writer type web sites and I have seen what the probabilities are of a sale are. Understand that speech, just need information in case some deranged individual decides when this is over that they want to risk their career by trying something that doesn't look like everything else
rookie is offline   Reply With Quote