No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Launch Pad/Tracking Board thread

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
    Are you guys emailing trackingb or tracking board? I know trackingb is a very small shop and is involved in a multitude of things at once. The bigger contests have a staff of people to help. Keep that in mind when complaining about not getting a response right away.

I tried both, got a response immediately from typing in an email. I think it's just the contact form from the site that doesn't work.
    Last edited by lordorangepop; 07-28-2015, 01:33 AM. Reason: Got response from specific email.

Comment

anytime I've had a question for trackingb, they have always got back to me very quickly.... I've always found their customer service to be top notch. I know I've waited a while from others, or not received responses. tracking-board has a million services, but trackingb is pretty focused on just two contests and industry info... Not sure if you're confusing the two.

lordorangepop -- you emailed trackingb at [email protected] and they didn't respond? seems very out of character for them...

Comment

Just one guy's experience, but I've found in Hollywood it's best to send e-mails from a gmail account. Seems they can have very aggressive spam filtering. Some seem to even use a white-list system (i.e., only white-listed domains are allowed through).

With one company, they would get my e-mails, but then their server would not send out replies back to me. (I know this could sound like the person at the other end was making bogus excuses, "Uh, yeh - I sent you a reply last week..." But, ever since I switched to using gmail with this person, no problem.)

This is a small pain for me as I use my own domain for sending e-mail to ROW (rest of the world), but I finally realized gmail to Hollywood is the stress-free way to go.

Comment

Hey guys, we just announced our 2015 Launch Pad Feature Judges, Mentors & our new partners Benderspink in the announcement thread.

Wanted to share here as I see the topic is already in motion:
          http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=79593

And a direct link to the 2015 Launch Pad Feature Competition:
          http://launchpad.tracking-board.com/...petition-2015/
          Last edited by TheTrackingBoard; 07-20-2015, 01:33 PM. Reason: Forgot link. Thanks :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TheTrackingBoard View Post
            Hey guys, we just announced our 2015 Launch Pad Feature Judges, Mentors & our new partners Benderspink in the announcement thread.

Wanted to share here as I see the topic is already in motion:
            http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=79593

And a direct link to the 2015 Launch Pad Feature Competition:
            http://launchpad.tracking-board.com/...petition-2015/
            Any idea when you will be announcing your quarter-finalists for the TV pilots competition? Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterKitty View Post
              Any idea when you will be announcing your quarter-finalists for the TV pilots competition? Thx.
              This is what infuriates me about the Tracking Board folks. They come flouncing in here to announce their upcoming contest (potentially more revenue) but completely ignore inquiries about their ongoing contest (no more incoming revenue).

Page, by contrast, practically celebrates their announcements, while Tracking Board can't be bothered to even pick an approximate date for their quarterfinalist announcements. Their website doesn't even say anything other than the contest is closed.

Self-promotion, 10
              Customer service, 0

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                This is what infuriates me about the Tracking Board folks. They come flouncing in here to announce their upcoming contest (potentially more revenue) but completely ignore inquiries about their ongoing contest (no more incoming revenue).

Page, by contrast, practically celebrates their announcements, while Tracking Board can't be bothered to even pick an approximate date for their quarterfinalist announcements. Their website doesn't even say anything other than the contest is closed.

Self-promotion, 10
                Customer service, 0
                Ya know, I understand being slammed with scripts. I've read for competitions before and I know how tough it is to gauge how long it's going to take to get through them all in a timely yet fair manner. It's a HUGE undertaking.

But I also think this can be balanced by giving updates to the entrants. A simple explanation like "we received twice as many scripts as we expected and won't be making any announcements until X date" would be greatly appreciated and understood. Especially considering people paid for this contest.

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterKitty View Post
                  Ya know, I understand being slammed with scripts. I've read for competitions before and I know how tough it is to gauge how long it's going to take to get through them all in a timely yet fair manner. It's a HUGE undertaking.

But I also think this can be balanced by giving updates to the entrants. A simple explanation like "we received twice as many scripts as we expected and won't be making any announcements until X date" would be greatly appreciated and understood. Especially considering people paid for this contest.
                  I totally agree, 110%.

An update to ALL the entrants, whether by a mass email or by a post on their webpage takes what -- a minute? Less? Even just answering your question on this board would be nice.

Sigh.

Let me know if you hear; I'll let you know if I do!

Comment

Got a great little email today from the Launch Pad Pilots people with exact announcement dates:
                    50 Quarterfinalists (up from 40) announced on Aug. 18
                    Semi-finalists announced on Aug. 31
                    Top 10 announced Sept. 21
                    Guaranteed Signing Award(s), LP Mentor Awards, and Winners announced October 6th

So yay! I'm happy to see they have nailed down dates.

Comment

Finally! Hooray!
                      Thanks, GK, for posting this -- I wish you luck!

Comment

Great to finally know the dates. Thanks for posting. I submitted one of mine. Good luck to everyone who entered.

Comment

I entered this competiton in march. my script status still says complete instead of script received, the latter means it's being read. they are announcing soon. anyone has the same issue?

Comment

Originally posted by lingoling View Post
                            I entered this competiton in march. my script status still says complete instead of script received, the latter means it's being read. they are announcing soon. anyone has the same issue?
                            I submitted early June and my status also says "complete." Seems like it was processing forever in the queue.

How do you know received = reading? Just curious.

Comment

Whoa, just realized the announcement date for quarterfinals is tomorrow! Time flies - good luck all!

Comment

Good luck to everybody here who has a script in the running for the Pilot Launch competition!

Let's hope they actually do post the quarterfinalists today... somewhere!

Comment

Working...
                                X