Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible End Of Zombie Films?

I read this article today and wondered, should I continue with completing my own Zombie epic? I write best when I write what I''m passionate about but what do you guys think of this article?

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/hollywo...181021342.html

Please read fully through and opine. I may abandon my horror epic and go to my rom-com.

RR
    sigpicWriting is re-writing

Re: Possible End Of Zombie Films?

*fingers crossed*

Comment

Zombie films - like their subject matter - will never die. Though thankfully it seems the shuffling ones have been left in the dust. I assume you'd have to come up with a totally unique angle to break in with a spec and not dish up what's gone before: apocalypse, virus, chemical.

If you're more than halfway through then I say finish it - it's practice and can still be used as a writing sample. Most of all, something is better than nothing. I won the pub quiz last night and one of the answers was to the question "what is the currency of Pakistan?". I had no idea so listed "rupee" which I knew was India's currency and it turned out to be right. The point is, erring on the side of caution would have garnered zero points whilst putting something out there stands a chance, no matter how slim.
      M.A.G.A.

Comment

If World War Z is any indication from all early BO returns, I'd say carry on.

Bound to garner current interest.
        " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Zombies have proven pretty resilient...literally and figuratively. Probably not too many tent pole projects ahead, but the installed fan base for this sub-genre and the popularity of Walking Dead virtually guarantees that you will get read.

That said they better stay popular and relevant for a while - I am helping produce two zombie flicks right now...

www.deadworldmovies.com

Markerstone
          "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." ~Jung

Comment

just checked out that site, DEADWORLD: DEAD CITY. Cool web-page. I think the storyline seems awesome for zombie flick:

Five cataclysmic hurricanes spawn disaster - devastation/destruction in
            Lone Star State -thousands dead/dying - mutant virus springs forth within
            hours - flesh-seeking zombies roam, wrecking havoc - a lone San Antonio
            cop leads a group of survivors to fight back before it's too late...

good luck!

" Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Thanks! I did the polish on the adaptation...and I get paid even if the film never gets made.

Cheers,

Markerstone
              "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." ~Jung

Comment

Keep writing because here's how it goes:

A wave come through, whether its zombies, vampires, natural destruction, aliens, what have you.

The writer becomes part of the wave, developing their work during the phase in which these films are prolific.

Someone announces the death of an era of films, it happens EVERY time.

The writer then loses faith in their work, assuming it will never be seen.

When in reality, it takes sooooo long to get a film made, they should KEEP working on their zombie film because when no one else has material 5-10 years from now, they'll have a very polished idea ready to submit.

Be firm.

Never stop writing anything because a "fad" is almost over. Your script will always represent a sample in your wheelhouse until it's time to bite, scream, or probe again!

Comment

Originally posted by pickerman123 View Post
                  I read this article today and wondered, should I continue with completing my own Zombie epic? I write best when I write what I''m passionate about but what do you guys think of this article?

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/hollywo...181021342.html

Please read fully through and opine. I may abandon my horror epic and go to my rom-com.

RR
                  This right here is all you need to focus on, because this is where your voice is going to come from, and your voice is ultimately what you are going to succeed or fail on.
                  "No man gives me a crown. I pay the iron price... I will take my crown." -- Balon Greyjoy

Comment

What was the question again??? Ah, okay, can you say TRILL - OH - GEE!!!

Title: 19
                    Logline: Everybody over the age of 19 turns into a walking corpse/zombie. That leaves a civilized world to be run by kids.
                    Writer: Jim Agnew Sean Keller
                    Agent: David Boxerbaum David Boxerbaum
                    Agency: Paradigm (LA) Paradigm (LA)
                    Manager: Ava Jamshidi Ava Jamshidi
                    Mngmnt Firm: Industry Entertainment Industry Entertainment
                    Lawyer: Mark Temple
                    Law Firm: Temple, Mark S.
                    Prod. Co: QED International Film 360 Wonderland Sound and Vision
                    Genre: Horror Drama
                    Logged: 6/28/2013
                    More: Pitch. Bill Block, McG, Mary Viola and Guymon Casady will produce. Jeff Chan is attached to direct. The plan is to turn this into a trilogy.

Comment

Working...
                    X