X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Valentine's Day short script contest proposal

Yay for enthusiasm!

Yep email hasn't changed, dpaterson57 at gmail.com

Export your screenplay as a PDF which is an easy-for-everyone lowest common denominator format, and send this to me by the 7th. I'll strip out the text and post the entries anonymously as usual.

Comment

Re: Valentine's Day short script contest proposal

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
      Astonishingly, I seem to have written mine, I'm usually a very-last-second seat-of-the-pants kamikaze pilot (as poor vote results have often demonstrated).

Hope y'all are having fun writing yours! Still two and a half weeks till deadline.
      Excuses, excuses

Comment

Re: Valentine's Day short script contest, deadine Feb 7th

Probably a good time to mention, for those with a mind to enter this one, that you have a full week remaining until the deadline! Which is a week before Valentine's Day, so we can use that remaining week for reading and voting.

Comment

I'm not planning on bumping this thread every day, 'cause rude, but things are super quiet, and if the contest runs, we're into the final writing week.

Feel free to link to said contest in your signatures or similar just to get the word around!

The bbcode looks like this:

[URL="http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=78204"][B]Valentine's Day short script contest[/B][/URL]
          Deadline: 7th February. 8 pages max. Come join the fun!

Comment

This is getting close to the last call for entries, it's only a couple of days from the deadline and I have, uh, 1 entry in my contest folder!

We haven't had nearly enough folks checking in, and the thread's been hidden by other threads a few times, so it's been hard to attract attention and drum up interest.

Excuses, excuses. But unless there's a last-moment flurry of hand-waving plus entries, we might not have a quorum this time around, alas.

Comment

Yep to be 100% honest I had forgotten. Writing now with the added disadvantage of being immediately behind the international dateline!
              I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I am working on an entry. Looks like i will finally crack the top three!

Comment

Most excellent, good strategy.

Comment

Time's running out, there's only today and tomorrow to be writing, good people. Save your entry as PDF and send this to dpaterson57 at gmail.com by midnight Saturday in your time zone please.

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Some brave last-moment submissions happening here. I've received 4 entries thus far. Mine makes 5. Is that sufficient, or should we give it an extra day and hold out for a hero (or heroine)?

Edit: ...Nah let's just do it, if anyone else throws an entry in, we'll cope somehow! Will make an entries thread shortly.

Edit2: for posterity, the entries thread is here.
                        Last edited by dpaterso; 02-08-2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Didn't make it, but I'll be reading.

Comment

Managed to get some reading done, so will at least send in my votes, best of luck, some good writing in there.
                            Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Re: Valentine's Day short script contest, voting deadine Feb 14th

Just a couple of sets of votes still to come, the deadline for voting is technically midnight tomorrow night, Valentine's Day, but really that means Sunday morning, when I'll check and tally the votes and post the results.

The entries thread is here.

Comment

Re: Valentine's Day short script contest, voting deadine Feb 14th

All the contestants have voted, just waiting an extra minute or two in case any last-last-last-second votes come in, then we're ready to go, a new results thread will be posted.

Edit: and indeed, there it is.
                                Last edited by dpaterso; 02-15-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X