Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coverage

But SBS, as one who reads many queries, would you think it strange that the writer him/herself is doing the querying, rather than the writer's rep? Or would that not matter to you?

Comment

Originally posted by phatgirl View Post
      But SBS, as one who reads many queries, would you think it strange that the writer him/herself is doing the querying, rather than the writer's rep? Or would that not matter to you?
      It wouldn't matter at all. It's no secret that most agents don't do sh*t for their clients unless they are in the top 10% of earners on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post

If the agent will be responsive and follow up with the actual submission, they *absolutely* should tell the prodco who they are repped by. From the POV of one who looks at a lot of queries, anyone being repped at a solid agency is going to jump right out of the stack and get preferential treatment on the read. It's just another selling tool for the writer to get a higher priority read for the material.
        That makes sense, if the AGENT will follow up and be responsive.
        Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/NyFilmmaker32/videos

Comment

I thought I was clear but maybe not...

Originally posted by NYNEX View Post
          A screenwriter does not WORK for his or her agent. If anything, it's the other way around.
          Originally posted by jimjimgrande View Post
          If I were in your situation, I would create a small list of prodcos, five or six, and then sit down with my agent and pitch why my version of this script would be a great fit for those places, and tell him I'd like him to submit my work to them please. When the strike is over.
          That's me being insistent and polite, which usually gets me results from my agent.

Originally posted by NYNEX View Post
          You are under no obligation to keep your agent informed of everything you do.
          Originally posted by jimjimgrande View Post
          While it may seem that the goal here is to get your script out there, the bigger picture is that you need to negotiate a working relationship with your representative...
          I think that if the two people aren't working together, there's little benefit in pretending that you do.

But we both seem to agree that moving on may be the best course of action here, and since he's not getting eye any meeting, it might be the only course of action.

If this is a major agency, might be time to call up a few boutiques and say you're feeling ignored and see if they won't take you on...

Comment

Working...
          X