Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Fishburne gets the Perry White role in "Man Of Steel"

This "Superman" reboot has gone nuts in its casting. I just want to see it because Zack Snyder helming it.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040809?refCatId=13
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: Larry Fishburne gets the Perry White role in "Man Of Steel"

Great Caesar's Ghost!

That's actually a cool choice for Perry.
    "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

first hi-res pic of cavill as superman is up:

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/81...g_8559608.html

what is up with this terrible texture pattern in superhero suits these days? first spidey and now superman.

it looks horrendous. also, i thought this guy would look good as superman, but he looks pretty creepy in that pic.

Comment

I would have left the texture off of the red part of the S emblem, but otherwise I really like it.

Comment

Think it has to do witht he material itself. That look liek a dry weave style fabric. I've got a handful of sports shirts that look like that.
          Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

i dont trust snyder at all. that guy is a hack and a half.

Comment

"Truth, justice, and the ... African American way?"
              "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
              - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post

what is up with this terrible texture pattern in superhero suits these days? first spidey and now superman.

it looks horrendous. also, i thought this guy would look good as superman, but he looks pretty creepy in that pic.
                I'm guessing this superman will be cgi-ed quite a bit and the costume makes the rendering easier.
                what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

I think L. Fishburne will do a fine job. I'm looking forward to this flick.

Anyone have an idea of who the villian will be?

Originally posted by Kwinnky View Post
                  I'm guessing this superman will be cgi-ed quite a bit and the costume makes the rendering easier.
                  Huh? How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post

Hmm, I agree. He looks like the host of some sort of talent show. Clench that jaw, will you?!

I think we're so attuned to the Reeve and Routh look from recent movies that it's hard to imagine anybody else in the role. Unless you're old enough (like me) to remember George Reeves in the T.V. show!

Comment

i definitely can imagine anyone other than routh in the role.

he looked like a popsicle stick dressed up as a gay stripper for one of tom cruise's scientology parties.

Comment

I like that picture. Cavill looks manlier than Routh did. The costume looks fine, who cares if it looks like it was made out of basketball rubber? The more important factor here is that it looks like someone is about to get punched. 2+ hours of SUPERMAN RETURNS and no one got punched.

Michael Shannon is General Zod. I don't need any other reason to commit my ass to a seat.

Comment

That is one long ass looking cape Supes is sporting.

I hope the movie has lots of scenes with him getting it caught in doors.
                          "Only nothing is impossible."
                          - Grant Morrison

Comment

wait a second... where is his red underwear?

Comment

yea i think they got rid of it, probably inspired by DC's new costume for superman. which is smart. the underwear needed to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X