Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
Bennytown
New User

Default Albie Hecht at Worldwide Biggies

So, after pitching my idea for a feature script around town with Gerber Pictures, the response I got was "Sounds great, however, it's not for us...write a script for a new idea and we'll give it a read."

It's taken awhile to get back into the groove with my new idea. So I got a wild hair up my a** and decided to create a cartoon series which includes a pitch bible with drawings, and a pilot for the toon.

After pitching it at a dozen animation companies, I've just signed a 6 month option with Worldwide Biggies which is helmed by Albie Hecht, the former head of Nickelodeon and Spike TV.

Has anyone ever dealt with a series option for a cartoon? Or dealt with Albie Hecht? I have my first meeting with them the 3rd week of April. I honestly never expected this, I just figured I'd take a break from my feature idea to keep the creative wheels movin.

-Thanks,me
Bennytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
invaderujin

Default Re: Albie Hecht at Worldwide Biggies

So that's where Albie's at. I heard he was spending most of his days at his shop in Burbank, but good for him. I've never worked for him, but I met him a few times. A nice enough fellow - really enthusiastic and a little bit geek/nerdy (in a good way).

Best of luck with your series!
invaderujin is offline   Reply With Quote