Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
snowman
User

Default Info on Francis Xavier of Metpix?

Does anyone know this produer or know anything of him or his new movie coming out called Never on Sunday? Might be remake of old 1960's film?
Thanks,

Snowman

Last edited by snowman : 05-01-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: wrong title of movie
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
ThrillerGuy
New User

Default Re: info on Francis Xavier of Metpix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Does anyone know this produer or know anything of him or his new movie coming out called Never on Sunday? Might be remake of old 1960's film?
Thanks,

Snowman
You can use this to pick up your research trail...

THE FIRST EVER RELEASE OF FIVE OF THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL FILMS EVER MADE
Metropolis Pictures Entertainment, Inc
www.metpix.com

Award Winning Writer, Director Francis Xavier, Blockbuster, Netflix, Amazon.com and Metropolis Pictures Entertainment
to Release Five Films to Die For:

Los Angeles-based entertainment production company Metropolis Pictures Entertainment in partnership with Amazon.com is releasing the feature films of Francis Xavier. These films "Dodge City", "The Tango Dancer", "Night Cry", "Johnny Come Lately", and "Barry's Gift" can be purchased through Blockbuster, Netflix, Amazon.com and other retailers.

Metropolis Pictures Entertainment is currently in development on "The Desperate Ones", www.DesperateOnes.com, and will produce the western thriller with Francis Xavier and Michael Kureth serving as producers of the film and Xavier directing from his original screenplay. Their most recent accomplishments have been producing the short film "The Ear of the Beholder (2008)", executive produced, written and starring Oscar-nominated and Golden Globe winning actress Sally Kirkland (Anna) and directed by Xavier. The short film has been submitted to the 2009 Sundance Film Festival and the 2009 Canadian Film Centre's Worldwide Short Film Festival, one of the leading short film festivals in the world. The CFC Worldwide Short Film Festival is accredited by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences. The short film will be eligible for consideration for the 2010 Academy Awards, along with "Memphis Rising, Elvis Returns" (2008) another 2009 Sundance hopeful featuring Weston Maguire (Tobey's younger brother) in which Xavier supervised the post production including film editing, sound designing and supervising the visual effects for the film and Kureth as visual effects artist and supervisor.

Xavier added: "I'm delighted to be seeing these films find a home and with the extraordinary talents of Michael Kureth, Jo Ann Smith and Duck Richardson who are among the best co-workers you can have. Together, we're committed to capturing on film the same magic that audiences saw at the premieres of these five films being released now for the first time ever".
ThrillerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
snowman
User

Default Re: Info on Francis Xavier of Metpix?

I had gotten his credits off Imdb and wanted me to contact him about a query I sent him. He emailed me the pics of this new movie, but I couldn't get his website to load up and wasn't sure who I was dealing with?

Thanks Thriller for info?

Snowman
Old 05-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
LIMAMA

I checked out the website too, I couldn't get it to load either.
LIMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
snowman
User

I'll drop him a in line today and ask him why the website isn't loading, now that I know its just not me.

Snowman