Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman Vs Superman (2015)

Thought somebody would have started a thread by now. Not seen Man of Steel yet but I'm already excited for this. Though I'm sure many here won't like it before it comes out. Discuss!

Re: Batman Vs Superman (2015)

It's a team-up, not some King Kong Vs. Godzilla thing (I realized I just gave a reboot idea to a studio exec ). Still I'm interested.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

It's looking like the official title. http://www.totalfilm.com/news/rumour...itle-confirmed

I imagine they'll form an alliance towards the end after Batman gives a kryptonite fuelled pummelling.

Comment

I think it sounds awesome. They mentioned they're using Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns as a basepoint, which is interesting. I hope that just means there'll be a giant bat mech suit and not that they're adapting that storyline's finality. (Especially since it's a Batman story, and the movie is technically the sequel to Man of Steel.)
        @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I've been debating with my brother how old Batman will be in this. I keep insisting he'll be a similar age to Henry Cavill's Superman but yeah I'm seeing a lot of The Dark Knight Returns in there, especially the logo. Bale keeps saying he won't don the cowl again but I'm not convinced anymore...

EDIT: If not Bale then a post-Mad Men John Hamm probably has a decent chance.

Comment

They'll keep him youngish so that it will jumpstart the new batman solo reboot. Henry Cavill's age makes sense.
            @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Oh I'm so over all these comic book mash-ups and reboots. I was just watching a clip from Elysium and was thinking to myself 'this is so refreshing', and that's not because Elysium looked like anything amazing, but just because it wasn't yet another darn origin story of a Marvel or DC superhero. The same old thing, over and over and over, reboot, rinse and repeat, it's mind numbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
                Oh I'm so over all these comic book mash-ups and reboots. I was just watching a clip from Elysium and was thinking to myself 'this is so refreshing', and that's not because Elysium looked like anything amazing, but just because it wasn't yet another darn origin story of a Marvel or DC superhero. The same old thing, over and over and over, reboot, rinse and repeat, it's mind numbing.
                Isn't Elysium a mash-up of Robocop and District 9? Nothing is truly original. Just reworked.
                "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

If the adapted Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns"... that'd be a Superman and Batman film I'd be excited about. I doubt it will happen but I can dream, dammit!

Oh, apparently there's an animated version: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2313197/

Anybody seen it? Good?

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                    Isn't Elysium a mash-up of Robocop and District 9? Nothing is truly original. Just reworked.
                    Sure, everything's been done before, but there's reworked and then there's just lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                      Have you seen it?

Comment

I was hoping this was a cage match, a new trend in superhero movies. Put superheroes versus each other. The Green Lantern vs. Thor, Iron Man vs. Batman. Not to derail the thread, but think of the possibilities.

Instead, it's a mashup.

Someday, someday...
                        #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Let's face it, this isn't the first time Batman has been in the Man of Steel.

Interested to see what direction they'll go with this. While generally not a fan of comic books, there's always been something to Batman, a very nice balance of workable backstory and psychology. While I don't play many games anymore, I think Arkham Asylum really took the psych angle and ran with it in a way more films really should. Even characters who only appeared in unlockable bios were more real than people in freaky S&M gear have any right to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Vergerus View Post
                            If the adapted Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns"... that'd be a Superman and Batman film I'd be excited about. I doubt it will happen but I can dream, dammit!

Oh, apparently there's an animated version: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2313197/

Anybody seen it? Good?
                            It's a pretty good adaptation and, even though Kevin Conroy is the definitive Batman voice and I hated he wasn't in this, Peter Weller did a decent job with his voice and it fit with Batman's age in the story.
                            "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Ire View Post
                              I was hoping this was a cage match, a new trend in superhero movies. Put superheroes versus each other. The Green Lantern vs. Thor, Iron Man vs. Batman. Not to derail the thread, but think of the possibilities.

Instead, it's a mashup.

Someday, someday...
                              I hope everyone realizes this concept is based on a comic series from several years ago, Superman/Batman, that has recently been rebooted within DC's "New 52" continuity as Batman/Superman (yeah, I know. They're really creative with those titles. )

It's not a new thing at all and certainly not just some brainless HW "mash-up."

In the comics, Batman and Supes were at odds when they first met because they didn't know or trust each other, but they eventually become somewhat best friends (as much as Bruce Wayne can ever truly be "friends" with someone), even though they're polar opposites in their approach to things. They often butt heads but are friends with great respect for each other.

The old comic series was good, as was the opening arc, "Public Enemies," where Bats and Supes are actually on the run from the law, supervillians, and the Justice League members that President Luthor sends to hunt them down.

Pretty good arc and was made into a good animated movie a few years ago.

I'd be interested in seeing them work some of that story arc into the new movie.
                              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Working...
                              X