"Bad" movies that you actually really like.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Bad" movies that you actually really like.

MIAMI CONNECTION (1987) - it's on Netflix streaming. It is so bad it's good. Basically it's about a kung fu rock band (crime fighting vigilantes by day, rock band by night) that faces it's biggest test to date: trying to bring down drug dealing motorcycle ninjas. Even though the title has "Miami" in it, the entire story takes place (and was filmed in) Tampa hahahaha.

TROLL 2 (1990) - if you haven't heard of this movie, go see it. Defines "so bad it's so good."

TOP GUN (1986) - I love this movie even though it is so cheesy.

Comment

Regarding TROLL 2, I recommend watching the documentary BEST WORST MOVIE on Netflix before watching the movie [the doc is about the making of TROLL 2 and its cult following]. It made watching the magical train wreck of TROLL 2 even more special afterwards.
      https://twitter.com/DavidCoggeshall
      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1548597/

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessorChomp View Post
        Regarding TROLL 2, I recommend watching the documentary BEST WORST MOVIE on Netflix before watching the movie [the doc is about the making of TROLL 2 and its cult following]. It made watching the magical train wreck of TROLL 2 even more special afterwards.
        +1

Comment

I don't know how I didn't think of this before now, but I have to say that I absolutely love Balls of Fury.

Comment

Who the hell said take the cricket from my hand?!!

Comment

Originally posted by dave22 View Post
              I only put this on here because it was seen as having under-performed and people therefor think it's bad, but I love Undercover Brother.
              I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessorChomp View Post
                Yes that doc is also a fun watch too!

Comment

My Name Is Bruce. = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489235/?ref_=nv_sr_4

Not really dismissed as "bad", though.

God I love this movie. I just wanna like, hug it, but I can't, because it's a movie.

Comment

Val Kilmer's THE SAINT (1997) seemed to be universally panned at the time, and hasn't really gotten any retrospective slaps on the back.

But I know a heap of folks who secretly adore this film, including me. Surprisingly romantic and thrilling. Kilmer and Shue show great chemistry.

Comment

I enjoyed Gigli,
                      I found the movie to be rather fun. I know alot of people came out and said the movie was one of the worst movies ever made, but it was pretty good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by redturtle View Post
                        MIAMI CONNECTION (1987) - it's on Netflix streaming. It is so bad it's good. Basically it's about a kung fu rock band (crime fighting vigilantes by day, rock band by night) that faces it's biggest test to date: trying to bring down drug dealing motorcycle ninjas. Even though the title has "Miami" in it, the entire story takes place (and was filmed in) Tampa hahahaha.
                        ^
                        This....

I'll also add VARSITY BLUES to the list (assuming it's not already posted somewhere in here).

Comment

MIAMI CONNECTION (1987) - a kung fu rock band (crime fighting vigilantes by day, rock band by night) faces it's biggest test to date: bringing down a gang of drug-dealing motorcycle ninjas.

@redturtle

Possibly the greatest log ever! I will have to check this out! Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by dave22 View Post
                            I only put this on here because it was seen as having under-performed and people therefor think it's bad, but I love Undercover Brother.
                            I especially love the opening. And I love it so much, a couple of years ago, using a crude/basic editing tool (and cruder "skills"), I created an extended version - so, as the Caddy is finally coming out of its spin, I cut it so it loops back into its first spin. Maybe 3 times, IIRC. That shot down-on the orange soda is priceless.

Comment

The 80's Flash Gordon movie with Sam Jones & Max Von Sydow is gloriously awesome cheese.
                              12 Angry Men is proof that all you need is a bunch of good actors, good characters, clear motivations and a table. -- Ben Odgren; Go into the Story

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                                ^
                                This....

I'll also add VARSITY BLUES to the list (assuming it's not already posted somewhere in here).
                                I LOVE VARSITY BLUES! The saddest story (or best) is that we had this college prom thing for our freshman year and instead me and 3 of my friends (including one actual attractive female) went to see this movie instead. It was amazing in every way!

Comment

Working...
                                X