Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous Content

Anyone have any experience and input on these guys? In particular Adam Kossack.

From what I know about the company, they are pretty solid in every area.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

-Twombly

Re: Anonymous Content

I guess no one huh?

The reason I ask is I received a very timely and enthusiastic reply from Adam to send over my latest yesterday. I noticed the last thread on Anonymous and Adam were from years ago, hence, why threw I this one up. They rep a lot great people, Adam included, so I guess you can say I was a little blind sided by the enthusiasm and the response at all, when most managers I've queried in the past just write, "Send PDF". My latest is something I am very proud of though, so maybe just maybe this enthusiasm was well deserved and I will have good news soon and finally get the rep/support/option from either them or one of the other many that have requested it in the past couple of days.

In the meantime, I'll be writing my next one

Hope some of you can add to this thread with any insight or info on these guys or else I guess I have a dud thread on my hands!

Comment

Don't know him personally but AC is a top notch management company. Good luck.
      Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky1288 View Post
        Don't know him personally but AC is a top notch management company. Good luck.
        Thanks ducky.

Comment

Tariq merhab is not worth sending anything to.

Comment

Curious - How did this go?

Comment

Me too. What's the word?

Comment

Originally posted by celticbeauty View Post
                Me too. What's the word?
                Indeed.

Comment

Does anyone have any thoughts on Anonymous Content's TV side? I know they did True Detective and they have THE KNICK coming up on Cinemax, but it seems like they are more film focused and those are the exceptions, not the rule (especially since Nick Pizzolatto wrote every episode of True Detective himself).

When it comes to representing writers who do both TV and film, how do they compare to Madhouse, Brillstein, 3 Arts, or Management 360?
                  Last edited by celticbeauty; 05-07-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Anyone have Adam's new email? I sent a few to the regular "first initial, last name" structure that Anonymous has, but both were rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by Hush92 View Post
                      Anyone have Adam's new email? I sent a few to the regular "first initial, last name" structure that Anonymous has, but both were rejected.
                      I saw a short blurb on Trackingb back in June that read: "Hearing Lit Manager Adam Kossack is exiting Anonymous and plans to leave the entertainment business."

So he might be gone.

Comment

Adam is indeed gone. Relocated to Austin and no longer in the biz. A real shame since he was a nice guy, super hard working, and successful.

Comment

That's a shame. Yeah, I had heard he was a nice guy, was hoping to send him a query.

Since that is the case, is there anyone at Anonymous worth sending a query to? Feel like I've sent one to anyone who's anyone there and haven't heard a thing.

Comment

Anonymous is a great firm. And they have an amazing roster of clients that rival some agencies. That being said, you are far better off getting a manager who is excited about you than being at a prestigious place.*

*Anyone can print up a card that says "Manager." So I mean managers who actually get clients repped at big agencies, land on Black List, get studio assignments, and get films premiering at prestigious festivals. A "manager" with an Encino, CA P.O. Box will do nothing for your career.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul View Post
                              *Anyone can print up a card that says "Manager." So I mean managers who actually get clients repped at big agencies, land on Black List, get studio assignments, and get films premiering at prestigious festivals. A "manager" with an Encino, CA P.O. Box will do nothing for your career.
                              While I agree with everything Hamboogul said about the company name not mattering, but rather a manager who wants to work for you, I want to point something out.

There is no manager on the planet who can get you on the Black list if people don't love your script. There is no manager on the planet who can get you studio assignments if people don't love your script. There is no manager on the planet who can get your film in at a prestigious festival if people don't love the movie.

A manager gets only 10% of your money because you are (at least) 90% responsible for your career.

Comment

Working...
                              X