Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rachel Getting Married

I actually liked it until the wedding. Maybe we were suppose to feel the boredom and anguish that Anne Hathaways character was feeling. Maybe we were suppose to feel the joy and happiness people aren't me feel at weddings.

Regardless, I just felt bored and would have left the theater if I was the type of person who leaves theaters in the middle of movies.
    what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

Just got done watching this.

God, what a complete waste of time. I feel like I've had some part of my life force drained forever.

There was a decent performance by Hathaway and her characters story was somewhat interesting, but it was swamped in meandering minutiae and the directors need to show us his eclectic music tastes.
      "Only nothing is impossible."
      - Grant Morrison

Comment

Loved it. A great film--though I CAN understand how it might not appeal to everyone. Nonetheless, I have a hard time keeping a straight face when someone declares it a terrible film. It's not terrible--may just not correlate with your tastes. The performances, the dialogue, the emotions--everything was spot-on.

Comment

I saw this recently because of the positive write up on Anne Hathaway's performance in the Onion AV Club.

It was a great family drama until they took out the drama -- then it suddenly just became a wedding and a really long dance party...and then Anne leaves, and nothing seemed to be resolved.

Comment

Working...
          X