No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berzon Agency & JD2 Cinematics?

Hey Guys,

Know there have been a couple posts on them in the past, but none really mention or really delve into any direct experience with them.

So if anyone knows anything about Mark Pavlovich (Agent at Berzon) or JD2(managers partnered with him)--I'd love to hear the scoop.

From what I've read and researched, they're pretty new to the lit game, aside from that, any info from anyone who has dealt with them would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Berzon Agency & JD2 Cinematics?

Originally posted by Great White Mark View Post
    Hey Guys,

Know there have been a couple posts on them in the past, but none really mention or really delve into any direct experience with them.

So if anyone knows anything about Mark Pavlovich (Agent at Berzon) or JD2(managers partnered with him)--I'd love to hear the scoop.

From what I've read and researched, they're pretty new to the lit game, aside from that, any info from anyone who has dealt with them would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    I don't know JD2, but I would pass on Pavlovich. He's not a bad guy but there's no way I'd sign with him. Really.

If you're going to partner with someone on your career, why would you do it with an agent and agency with no reputation? I really don't understand it. You can do better on your own.

Comment

I don't know JD2, but I would pass on Pavlovich. He's not a bad guy but there's no way I'd sign with him. Really.

If you're going to partner with someone on your career, why would you do it with an agent and agency with no reputation? I really don't understand it. You can do better on your own.

--------------

Thanks. Understand they're not name players. Just a little curious about them as far as being good peeps or shady.

I'd probably just give it a hip pocket test run woth a single script (indie-type) and see who he can get it out to.

If he can get it to some names and a few decent prod co's, I think it might be worth it as those would people who I wouldn't be able to get it to anyway. Plus it's not like it'd be going wide where a bad showing would bury it and tarnish my name.

That make sense or sound sensible?

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Mark View Post

--------------

Thanks. Understand they're not name players. Just a little curious about them as far as being good peeps or shady.

I'd probably just give it a hip pocket test run woth a single script (indie-type) and see who he can get it out to.

If he can get it to some names and a few decent prod co's, I think it might be worth it as those would people who I wouldn't be able to get it to anyway. Plus it's not like it'd be going wide where a bad showing would bury it and tarnish my name.

That make sense or sound sensible?
        IMO, Mark Pavlovich barely qualifies as an "agent". If it's an Indie script and all you're trying to do is get it to a couple of "decent" prodcos and some names, you can do it on your own.

That being said, if you decide you want to give him a shot (which I think is the lazy choice), then require him to give you a specific list of the companies that it will go to, as well as specific names of the managers/casting directors, or whomever he believes he will be able to use as avenues to get your script to talent. Make him be specific and hold him to it.

Comment

Working...
        X