X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Losing Sarah Marshall

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
    Hurrumph.
    Nice quote from the Governor in Blazing Saddles. "I didn't get a Hurrumph from that one!"

Another Timeless Comedy Piece:

ARTHUR

Now stand aside worthy adversary.

BLACK KNIGHT

(Glancing at his severed shoulder)

'Tis but a scratch.

ARTHUR

A scratch? Your arm's off.

BLACK KNIGHT

No, it isn't.

ARTHUR

(Pointing to the arm on ground)

Well, what's that then?

BLACK KNIGHT

I've had worse.

ARTHUR

You're a liar.

BLACK KNIGHT

Come on you pansy!

Comment

Originally posted by vmf View Post
      Where are all these open "money shots" of a woman's vagina in R-rated comedies?

I need to add them to my rental list.
      So breasts are nothing?

Anyway, add these to your rental list:
      Basic Instinct,
      Requiem for a Dream... off the top of my head.

Although, Requiem's more bush than anything else.

And to take what you said of 'open' these dicks aren't erect. So, it is a bit different than to what you've jumped it to.

I think maybe you're all uncomfortable with your sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by qualitycontrol View Post

I think maybe you're all uncomfortable with your sizes.
        I know I'm uncomfortable with their sizes!

Comment

Originally posted by Maclean View Post
          To me, Apatow feels like a cheapened knockoff of John Hughes. Not as smart, not as funny, and not as classic. Certainly not as good a writer. He's a quick fix. Will we be talking about his films twenty years from now like we still talk about Planes, Trains, and Automobiles or Ferris Bueller? I'm guessing not. But only time will tell.
          True. No way in hell will people even whisper Knocked Up the way they swear by Ferris.
          "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
          -Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by Pasquali56 View Post
            For example, my 15 year old daughter and her friends all see R-rated flicks. Sometimes they sneak into them at the Cineplex; sometimes they see them on DVD (when a parent or older sibling rents them); and sometimes when they come to cable. I've even taken her to a few R-rated flicks myself if I think she can handle them (Bad Santa was one I recall off hand). But I wouldn't feel comfortable allowing her to see a film with mfn.
            Um, seriously? A 15-year old girl? Can't see a naked man? I honestly find this attitude to be quite disturbing.

For the record, I found the **** shots in Walk Hard and Borat to be hilarious. It's sad enough that some people are scared by images of male frontal nudity but do we really have to come up with a cutesy euphamism like "mfn"? The sight of a man's penis is so offensive to you that you can't even bear to call it by it's name?

Comment

Ugh, I'm even more saddened and disturbed that my use of the word c0ck was censored. This is a place for writers right? For grown adults? Apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by P.G. Bauhaus View Post
                Um, seriously? A 15-year old girl? Can't see a naked man? I honestly find this attitude to be quite disturbing.

For the record, I found the **** shots in Walk Hard and Borat to be hilarious. It's sad enough that some people are scared by images of male frontal nudity but do we really have to come up with a cutesy euphamism like "mfn"? The sight of a man's penis is so offensive to you that you can't even bear to call it by it's name?
                Thank you! All it took was a fellow Critical / Film Studies graduate.

Comment

I used "mfn" for this post -- so I wouldn't have to keep repeating it. Trust me, I'm no prude -- but my point is that c0ck shots are going to alienate certain audience segments. One poster before me said there was dead silence during said shot when he saw it.

Comment

Working...
                  X