What are the biggest STEREOTYPES in action movies?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what are the biggest STEREOTYPES in action movies?

The security guard who's watching a little portable TV instead of the security cameras, thus allowing characters to move around the building as the plot requires.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
      The security guard who's watching a little portable TV instead of the security cameras, thus allowing characters to move around the building as the plot requires.
      Love that!

Comment

Escaping through air ducts. I'm lookin at you, Hostage. Die Hard gets a pass because it's Die Hard.

The recovered alcoholic cop who sits at a bar and debates drinking, or gets a flask out of his desk and debates drinking, or sits at home in the dark with a glass debating drinking.
        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
          The recovered alcoholic cop who sits at a bar and debates drinking, or gets a flask out of his desk and debates drinking, or sits at home in the dark with a glass debating drinking.
          Wait. That's exactly what I'm doing right now. Except I'm not a cop, but I pretend I am one as I stare at my whiskey bottle debating whether I should drink it or not.

HH

Comment

The cop/detective/seargant/contract killer/secret agent/hitman who is retired but is going to come in for one last job because they really need him.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDFW View Post
              The cop/detective/seargant/contract killer/secret agent/hitman who is retired but is going to come in for one last job because they really need him.
              The reluctant hero. It's a must in any action film franchise.
              sigpic

Website
              Tweets
              Book

Comment

Just so you know, I'm taking notes and I'm going to use ALL of this stuff! In one movie. Although, probably that's also been done before...

Comment

One of the bad guys has the drop on the hero and says something stupid like, "Freeze!" instead of just shooting him in the back -- allowing the good guy to swing around and knock the gun out of his hand.

Most bad guys seem to be ex-special forces. Why do so many go bad???

Comment

Re: What are the biggest STEREOTYPES in action movies?

The hero being captured, and rather simply shot in the head, placed into an ellaborate over the top mouse trap, and left there alone as the villain knows theres no way he'll get out of it. But we all know what happens.
                    Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                    Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

The tech guy who--far in advance--provides the hero just the right gadget to save his butt later in the film.

Comment

The hero's kid always has a ballet recital or school play the same night that our movie takes place, and our hero must defeat the bad guy with enough time to go home, shower, change clothes, and get to the school just before the kid goes on stage.

Or it's Christmas. Pick one.

Comment

Not only are explosions easy to outrun, but they are always giant, brightly-colored fireballs. They're never small and dusty and gray.

Comment

The hero's wife and kid are killed, he's left for dead, takes months to recover and then sets out to get his revenge... And the bad guy invariably is his former (or current) boss.

Comment

The person who's shot and believed to be dead is actually still alive. Rather than shooting the bad guy right away, they decide to wait until right before the bad guy is about to kill the hero. Then bang!

Comment

Rather than dropping off the extra tag along person (woman/kid) somewhere safe who's life is in danger, they are brought along straight to where the villain's lair is. Because as long as they are with the hero, no matter where they go, they are better off than hiding somewhere by themself.

Comment

Working...
                                X