Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Oscar Nominations

Have you ever seen such a nailed on, dead cert best actor win in all your life.

A few posts back I said I haven't seen any of these movies- and I still haven't- But there's no way Daniel ain't trotting away with another Oscar.

Not only is it the type of role that sweeps up an Oscar, not only is it Daniel who the voters love, but the competition doesn't feel right to win.

Hugh sings. Not sure they'll give it to a singer. Denzil is awesome, but the role feels too small somehow. Bradley, good actor, but I think the star there is the movie/script. Which leaves the wild card of Joaquin. Which will be an outside shot.

Get your pennies on Daniel!
    Last edited by Harbinger; 01-11-2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmcg View Post
      I was really disappointed to see "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" snubbed... beautifully written, acted, and filmed... at least the Hollywood Foreign Press acknowledged it, so maybe it'll pick up an award or two at the GG.
      As is always the case when a dramatic Musical is nominated among the Comedies, LES MISERABLES will trample the competitors.

Comment

Some of these are quite witty:

http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/wid...203233735.html

Comment

I think Zeitlin and/or Russell getting nominated for best director, instead of Ben Affleck, seems really unfair.
          "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
            I actually know an Oscar nominee! Mychael Danna, the composer of "Pi's Lullaby" and the rest of the score from Life Of Pi, is the sister of my friend (and soon to be published mystery novelist) Jen Danna. Mychael's worked on several films, this is his first nomination, and the whole family is thrilled.
            I have two of his albums - used one of the songs as the ending music when I directed Act 2 Scene 1 of Waiting For Godot. Lovely stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X