Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joker

Lives up to the hype. One of the best comic movies I've seen. One scene I didn't quite agree with, but overall i thought they nailed it.

Re: Joker

I think I'm the only white male age 35 to 55 who isn't excited to see this movie. I love Batman. I love Joker. I love the actor in his roles. And I liked the director's other movies a lot. It looks like a movie I love "king of comedy" just the dark version of that with Bob D -- maybe some "Taxi Driver" also with Bobby D... yet I feel no desire to see it...

I guess I want to know what happens and to see it only to talk about it, but if i never see it, I'll be okay.

Mostly it just seems like a real downer. In these times, the few times I can get out to the movies as a parent, I don't want to feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      I think I'm the only white male age 35 to 55 who isn't excited to see this movie. I love Batman. I love Joker. I love the actor in his roles. And I liked the director's other movies a lot. It looks like a movie I love "king of comedy" just the dark version of that with Bob D -- maybe some "Taxi Driver" also with Bobby D... yet I feel no desire to see it...

I guess I want to know what happens and to see it only to talk about it, but if i never see it, I'll be okay.

Mostly it just seems like a real downer. In these times, the few times I can get out to the movies as a parent, I don't want to feel that way.

No. It's nothing like the Batmans, which were all garbage compared to this movie. This is exactly how they should be making the Batman and Superman movies, instead of the hot mess we were fed. Justice League being the worst of the bunch. You're in the film and tv business, you should partake in all that Hollywood has to offer. Joker was wonderfully acted, directed, written, scored.... if it weren't for the fact that it was a comic book movie, I'd nominate it for one of the main Oscar or Golden Globe awards. This is definitely a movie you'll want to see in the theaters....but don't bring the kids....it gets too dark for them in the last third of the movie.

Comment

I assume you're talking about the current Batman movies and not The Dark Knight and original 1989 Batman movies.... I love those!

And I know you don't have kids -- kids get scared at cartoons and parts of Frozen.... The whole would freak them out for life.

And that's how I was raised by the way. I was 8 seeing Aliens in theater. It was glorious.

Comment

My mom always took me to Rated-R flicks and I turned out just FUKKIN fine. Ha!
          Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

I liked it a lot more than the Dark Knight and put it on par with the first two Tim Burton Batman movies. No. I am not talking about this as some Scooby Doo scare that will frighten children. I am talking about some scenes that are so jarring that even adults gasped and then had nervous laughter afterwards. This ain't your grand ma ma's movie day violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
              I liked it a lot more than the Dark Knight and put it on par with the first two Tim Burton Batman movies.
              The first two? Even the second, with its campy-comedy herring-eating, toy-duck-riding Penguin and such -- you're putting that over the Nolan films?

Well, to each his own.

I'll give the first Burton film some credit, at least visually, because it was trying to break away from the Adam West nonsense. But looking back on it now, it's pretty infantile (again, apart from some interesting visuals). The best that can be said of it is that it was a necessary transitional work. And of course, the franchise collapsed back into camp garbage after that (a trajectory abundantly evident in Burton's second film), until Nolan saved it.

Comment

I liked it a lot more than the Dark Knight and put it on par with the first two Tim Burton Batman movies. No. I am not talking about this as some Scooby Doo scare that will frighten children. I am talking about some scenes that are so jarring that even adults gasped and then had nervous laughter afterwards. This ain't your grand ma ma's movie day violence.
                That’s why I laughed at it Friday. Of course you don’t take kids. That is what made me say that. They get scared at cartoons. I was raised in 80s. **** it then

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                  That’s why I laughed at it Friday. Of course you don’t take kids. That is what made me say that. They get scared at cartoons. I was raised in 80s. **** it then
                  Bono check out this review on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQXE1QMfVg

This looks really different. I think you'll appreciate JOKER way more than ABYSS.

Comment

Well, Joker is demolishing the October record and it's doing it with a violent R rating. I guess it can be polarizing, but I'd rather have a movie that goes for it than some sugarcoated watered down comic book movie that's afraid to offend anyone.

Comment

Well, Joker is demolishing the October record and it's doing it with a violent R rating. I guess it can be polarizing, but I'd rather have a movie that goes for it than some sugarcoated watered down comic book movie that's afraid to offend anyone.
                      I think I'm going on Tuesday, 1/2 tickets and 1/2 price wine in those lounger chairs. Nachos here I come!

FA4
                      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Or maybe even the film starring Michael Douglas FALLING DOWN. It's a pretty intense character study too.

Falling Down: The best movie you never saw.

And it was the script that got everyone onboard to make the film. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Douglas even took a cut in salary.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                          I think I'm going on Tuesday, 1/2 tickets and 1/2 price wine in those lounger chairs. Nachos here I come!

FA4

LOL. Are you talking about $6 Tuesdays? I love those. Sometimes I have marathons to catch up on all the movies. It's a lot harder to watch all the movies released in the theater than you think. You'd have to watch 4 a week to kind of keep up. If you do watch it Tuesday, you should try to pre-order or else you're going to get stuck with Row A where you're up against the screen. There were literally no good seats when I checked an hour before showing. I was glad that I had selected a week in advance.

Comment

LOL. Are you talking about $6 Tuesdays? I love those. Sometimes I have marathons to catch up on all the movies. It's a lot harder to watch all the movies released in the theater than you think. You'd have to watch 4 a week to kind of keep up. If you do watch it Tuesday, you should try to pre-order or else you're going to get stuck with Row A where you're up against the screen. There were literally no good seats when I checked an hour before showing. I was glad that I had selected a week in advance.
                            Here in North Dallas we have 1/2 price on Tuesdays and then Wednesdays are like $6. I think the most i've done is three in a single day. I used to always do a min of two.

the 3 movie deal i did the last film was Zodiac and it was so long i think i fell asleep like four time... left at like 1:30 am. ha.

the seat get booked up fast for sure. I'll try to get tickets tomorrow am. I think I'm gonna like it. i often write dark stories.
                            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I'm writing a Batman movie with no criminals -- he wants to put on his own musical, Hamilton style.

Comment

Working...
                              X