Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cupid

I watched the previous incarnation a year or so ago. I recently caught the previews of the new version and was not very impressed. But, I decided to give it a chance and it was actually good. Fire whoever put together the preview because it was awful.

Good chemistry between the leads. Bobby Cannavale's performance was very different from Pivens'...but it was still good. What's not to love about Sarah Paulson?? And, of coarse, Rob Thomas. Back from the dead. I hope this hits with people.

Re: Cupid

Also, Cupid's task of joining a 100 couples in real love, corresponds exactly with Network Syndication. That's just plain scary how some things work out. Scary, I tell you.

Comment

Really nice job setting up the entire series in the first five minutes. Liked the pilot but I think it will be tough to keep the momentum going.
      "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

The original show was brilliant, and while I respect Rob Thomas and like Carnivale and Paulsen as actors, I thought the whole thing was a little lacking. There was an edge and an energy in the original that this remake lacked.

I'll keep watching hoping it improves, but the first ep? Eh.
        "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

I agree about the original show being brilliant, with the respect of Rob Thomas... I am having a problem with Carnivale as the lead though.

His chemistry is a bit... strange... (missing something) I love Paulsen though.

But the concept of 100 people to find love needs to be stronger, something magical should happen to the show to make more appealing. I think if they consider doing that it would have potential. What do you think?
          D. Alin
          http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

I never saw the original, but the new one was pretty good. I like the concept of a love procedural.

Comment

I liked the original, and liked the new incarnation, too. I'm a big fan of Cannevale and would love to see him have success as a lead on a long-running show. I think I read an early draft of this pilot that had a couple of more references to a past that "Trevor" might have had. There was a hint at it in the voiceover at the end from Claire in the produced pilot, but I think there used to be more. It'll be interesting to see what they do with that, and how much they play with Trevor's certainty/faith in who he is.

I also think this show has the potential to do really well, as audiences are probably hungry for feel-good material in tough times like these, and smart, non-saccharine feel-good material is hard to come by.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Paulson's character, too, as she was pretty sparely drawn in the pilot, albeit with a hint here and there of more going on. I'm interested to see how Claire develops.

I can't wait until I get a mariachi karaoke place in my neighborhood.
              The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X