Black List vs. Spec Scout vs. InkTip vs. ScriptPimp vs...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black List vs. Spec Scout vs. InkTip vs. ScriptPimp vs...

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
    Many of these filters are already available on the site and actively in use.

For example, you can search for the top 15 uploaded comedies based on ratings over the last month that don't yet have an agent, manager or producer involved (the top three are PUTTS by Philip Ramati, THE DEVIL TAKES A HOLIDAY by Thom Harpe, and THE THIRD WHEEL by Matthew James McDonough, if anyone's curious), or the top 15 uploaded dramas or action movies over the last quarter that have a manager but don't have an agent (top three are WRITTEN IN BLOOD by R Ian Simpson, MY BROTHER IS A GREAT ACTOR by Brian Shoaf, and SUN AND MOON by Callie Lane.)

Just click on "Expand Lists" next to TOP UPLOADED SCRIPTS and have a bit of fun with the filters on the right.
    Thanks, Franklin! Will check it out :>)

Comment

Originally posted by LFGabel View Post
      For the sake of clarity, you might want to change the FAQ to reflect that:
      What are the requirements to get on the Top 15 Uploaded Scripts list?

Scripts on the top 15 uploaded scripts list have 2+ ratings and their average rating is above the overall average for all uploaded scripts. Those two ratings can come from anywhere, two industry professional members, two paid reads, any combination of professional and paid reads.

I'm assuming that only the top 15 scripts are still being listed, as it was in the beginning.
      Also, for the genre top 15, do you also need 2 ratings to get on the lists or will one suffice?
      "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

The BL3 seems to be the DDP version of kudzu. It jumps over the fence and just overruns every thread it can. I guess there's no stopping it, but damn, it's annoying.

Midnite

Comment

I just want to assure everyone that despite my sincere affection for kudzu (seriously, I grew up in west central Georgia. The stuff is everywhere), it is certainly not my intent for threads to be taken over kudzu-like by Black List conversation, especially when many of these issues have been asked and answered elsewhere.

I will continue to try to answer people's questions and concerns about what we're doing where they exist. Feel free to contact us directly via Twitter as well.

@theblcklst

Comment

I have questions that likely have already been answered in that monstrous BL thread:

1) Given that turnaround times are typically between 2-3 weeks, how many scripts can readers have in queue?

2) How large is your team of readers?

3) Has a reader gouged his or her eyes after reading a script?

4) If "yes" to question 3, was he or she granted workers compensation?

Thanks.
            FADE IN:
            PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
            NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
              I just want to assure everyone that despite my sincere affection for kudzu (seriously, I grew up in west central Georgia. The stuff is everywhere), it is certainly not my intent for threads to be taken over kudzu-like by Black List conversation, especially when many of these issues have been asked and answered elsewhere.

I will continue to try to answer people's questions and concerns about what we're doing where they exist. Feel free to contact us directly via Twitter as well.

@theblcklst
              It's not your fault at all Franklin. Never meant to imply that!! You're a beautiful human being! But it's like the BL3 should be just another molehill in the avenues writers should be pursuing and it seems like they all want to turn it into THE mountain.

Midnite

Comment

• Coupla yrs on Inktip

I wrote a lot 20 yrs ago--and got a studio option--never made, long story. I also wrote a short than won a Telly. Then I took 20 yrs off to take care of my mother, and now am back at it. I knew about Inktip from before--so I signed up. My work is animation. I got an option offer right out of the box, but it was not enough money to justify tying the script up for 18 mos. Also the company--I sub to IMDB--did not seem to do animation-level budget projects. I passed, but I stayed on because I was a marketer in a past life and know you need multiple ways of marketing--Inktip was just one. I got more requests and even Skype pitch invitations from writing to companies in the Hollywood Screenwriting Directory. I also stay up with the animation trades. I am now not only marketing the original feature script, but its sequel, and two short cartoon projects.

On Inktip--At first I got excited when it said someone had requested my logline--but I learned that since you check boxes--animation, comedy, etc, if anyone requests any box--your logline goes. So it wasn't really me. I had one other request for the script--and when I checked back (as you allowed to on script requests), the guy said he didn't know what I was talking about. Boo. I also paid to list in the magazine twice...nada.

So I am considering leaving Inktip. They are nice when you email and respond immediately--but nice only gets you so far.

Comment

upping this thread, as prices have changed, maybe services have changed, I'm interested in some new comments... Anyone? Anyone? Buler?
                  "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
                  SUBTITLED
                  Episode 1 (Beef pills)
                  Episode 2 (African commercial)
                  Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

Working...
                  X