No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBook retina for screenwriting?

I'm considering the new MacBook. http://www.apple.com/macbook/

It's utlralight with a retina display. Not as fast as a Pro but cheaper and much lighter and I don't think I need all that power to write scripts and send emails.

Anyone got one? Comments?
    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Re: MacBook retina for screenwriting?

I have and love it. But keep in mind, some screenwriting programs support retina and others do not. I had to switch from Movie Magic to Final Draft. That may have changed since the program update, not sure. But retina support is important for that nice sharp screen. Love the keyboard too.

Comment

I just bought the 15" macbook pro last weekend. I told him what i wanted it for and i decided the air just wouldn't be enough. I got he 16g 512 flash and plan to use ot just for screenwriting. I have an imac with a terabyte ti store everything else... We might have different needs, but i can't stand a slow computer.

I know it's alot more, but i'm really happy with it.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

If you are using it just for screenwriting, there is no reason to go 15 unless you like the screen size. MacBook is plenty fast enough. I've even edited on it. If you are doing extensive video editing or photoshop work, graphics intensive stuff, then sure. But if you need mobility and speed and just want to write, MacBook is more than adequate.

Comment

Working...
        X