Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear Lake International Film Festival

I know it's a small contest, but did anyone else enter? They sent out their results today via email.

Re: Big Bear Lake International Film Festival

Originally posted by JoeCollins View Post
    I know it's a small contest, but did anyone else enter? They sent out their results today via email.
    This contest is small but a gem. The screenwriter for Letters from Iwo Jima was discovered here, and they use three different judges for every round. Last year, the composer, Michael Giacchino (Incredibles, Lost) was honored there along with Stephen Toblowsky (Groundhog Day), and John Bailey (Groundhog Day, Ordinary People). This year it's Tom Schulman, the writer of Dead Poet's Society along with others yet to be announced.

How'd you do and are you going? Last year I had a film there and this year I made it as one of the five screenwriting finalists. I hope to see you there!

Comment

Congrats on being a finalist! I was a semifinalist this year, but have been a fan of the fest for a while. They give you lots of reader feedback, something which sets them apart.

Not going to make it out for the festival this year, though I too had a film in competition years ago and went. The Festival is great... lots of good speakers and the scenery is beautiful.

Have a great time!

Comment

Made it to the quarter finals but no further. The coverage was quite helpful and even complimentary.... I highly recommend this contest.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCollins View Post
          Congrats on being a finalist! I was a semifinalist this year, but have been a fan of the fest for a while. They give you lots of reader feedback, something which sets them apart.

Not going to make it out for the festival this year, though I too had a film in competition years ago and went. The Festival is great... lots of good speakers and the scenery is beautiful.

Have a great time!
          Thanks, man! To those that haven't been, there are panelists, too. Last year, there was a TV agent, a couple of mainstream produced screenwriters and one of the pioneers of TV writing for women, DC Fontana. This year's panelists will be announced soon.

Comment

Originally posted by LRic54 View Post
            Made it to the quarter finals but no further. The coverage was quite helpful and even complimentary.... I highly recommend this contest.
            Yes, like any contest, it's very subjective. The thing that's great about BB is that they use three readers for each round. I think first round they read the first thirty pages, then second round/quarterfinal 60 pages.

Comment

Working...
            X