Why is 25 the age cutoff for audience quadrants?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is 25 the age cutoff for audience quadrants?

Sorry, if this is the wrong subforum.

Re: Why is 25 the age cutoff for audience quadrants?

Because mainstream audience members are so dumb and unfit for survival that they die at age 50.

Comment

Originally posted by goodwriter View Post
      Because mainstream audience members are so dumb and unfit for survival that they die at age 50.
      ::::::applause:::::::

Comment

In marketing, demographics are often broken down as follows. I'm sure you've seen some of these in relation to TV show ratings.

6-9
        10-12
        13-17
        18-24
        25-34
        35-49
        50+

There are other combinations and breakdowns, but those are some common breakdowns.

I imagine that age 25 is viewed as when people change from young to old: they get real jobs that take away their free time, they get married, they start having children, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by megablahblah View Post
          I imagine that age 25 is viewed as when people change from young to old: they get real jobs that take away their free time, they get married, they start having children, etc.
          This is basically it. Advertising people believe that by age 25, a person has basically settled with the brands he/she is going to use for the rest of their lives. The 18-24 group is so desirable because those people are still "up for grabs." They might go with Degree over Old Spice. Or Crest over Colgate. But once you've hit 25 (in their minds), it's the same type of toilet paper until you die.

Comment

Originally posted by UnequalProductions View Post
            This is basically it. Advertising people believe that by age 25, a person has basically settled with the brands he/she is going to use for the rest of their lives. The 18-24 group is so desirable because those people are still "up for grabs." They might go with Degree over Old Spice. Or Crest over Colgate. But once you've hit 25 (in their minds), it's the same type of toilet paper until you die.
            And speaking as someone who worked in advertising for many years, I've always found that incredibly shortsighted.

Sadly, it's gotten exponentially worse in the last 20-25 years.

Comment

Is it just me or is the influence of a paradigm inversely proportional to its intelligence?

Comment

Originally posted by ctp View Post
                Is it just me or is the influence of a paradigm inversely proportional to its intelligence?
                Yeah **** normies.

Comment

Working...
                X