Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #51
sjn1973
New User

Default Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

EvilRbt, aka Screenplay Mechanic, aka AH offers a tremendous value for the money. He gave me a no-kidding analysis of what worked in my script---and what didn't.

I've used other Readers services and none stack up to AH.

What I really needed was studio-style coverage, a no-B.S. assessment of my work and ideas on how to strengthen the narrative, punch up the characters and stitch together a kick-ass story. And I needed a sanity check on the SCOPE of my film as the cost was wayyyy out of control. Jerry Bruckheimer only has so much money. haha.

Bottom line, AH brought all that to me and more. Way cheaper than the other dudes, and the service and value is tremendous. He didn't blow sunshine up my keester and tell me my script was ready for market when it wasn't. He told me my script wasn't ready for prime-time...then he told me how to fix it. He truly is...The Mechanic.

I plan to work with AH and only AH on current and future projects. He's da man.

Last edited by ComicBent : 11-13-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: See my comment below.
sjn1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #52
ComicBent

In general, I think it would be best to talk about the positives of the service that you like, instead of the possible negatives of other services that may be excellent but just did not provide what you wanted.

Please remember, too, that higher fees usually get you more. You have to balance out the cost and the benefit.

For that reason, I edited the post above. Sorry if anyone does not like it, but issues were being raised with the administrative staff, and I think it would be best to talk about the positives of the service that you have enjoyed using.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." ComicBent.
ComicBent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #53
EvilRbt

I really, sincerely appreciate all the kind words about my service. If anyone has any concerns or complaints with OTHER services or analysts, however, perhaps it's best to start a separate thread or contact them directly. I'd hate to see any kind of argument about another service take over my thread and overshadow why it was created in the first place. Thanks, all!

NOTES / COVERAGE
10,000+ Screenplays
DD Thread Facebook
screenplaymechanic@gmail.com
EvilRbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #54
spacefarer

Andrew's help in getting my script being offered representation was immense and crucial.

He put me on the right track, pointed out flaws, offered no b.s, constructive and honest advice.

The man knows what he is talking about. Period.

Recommended. Period.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"
spacefarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:52 AM   #55
Richmond Weems

What are you trying to say, Space?
Richmond Weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:03 AM   #56
spacefarer

that Andrew's comments and insight on what was working in the script or not, plus the fact that he knows exactly what the studios want, put me in the right track.

I followed his advice to the letter and bam! I landed an offer.

But to be straight here, I also tried other people in order to get a second and a third opinion and I tested it extensively with members of PJ's workshop.

But that's how I like working. I like getting feedback from as many people as I can, pro analysts or fellow writers. The more the better for me. It opens up new possibilities and potentialities.

The best part about Andrew is that he is humble. And for me, this trait in a man is at least respectable. It shows depth.

Before one starts querying, should get a couple of opinions from professionals and make sure one comes from Andrew.

I have posted the other analysts' names in their respective threads.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Last edited by spacefarer : 11-18-2009 at 07:04 AM.
spacefarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #57
rjb
New User

used the service a couple times now. quick turnaround and well worth the dough.
rjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #58
Why One

Another happy customer here! Totally agree with what's been said already. AH's comments were spot-on and insightful, and gave me plenty to work on.

I will definitely be using his service for my other scripts.
Why One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #59
EvilRbt

I received an email from a client this morning asking if it's okay to quote my coverage in a query letter/promo package. If you're a client, past or future, please know that the coverage is yours. You can quote it, include it with a letter, post it online, whatever might help you accomplish your screenwriting goals.

I also have to say I've read a couple of fantastic scripts from DD'ers recently. There are some future pros around these parts...

NOTES / COVERAGE
10,000+ Screenplays
DD Thread Facebook
screenplaymechanic@gmail.com
EvilRbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #60
niwa
User

Wink Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRbt View Post

I also have to say I've read a couple of fantastic scripts from DD'ers recently. There are some future pros around these parts...
Andrew, you're too kind.
niwa is offline   Reply With Quote