Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Worry?

I had my script optioned a year ago (which has since expired and rights are reverted back to me).

The producer at the time of the option did so because he had a similar script but thought mine was much better written.

He listed the project (which was never made) on IMDB Pro along with a bunch of other projects of his which did not get made.

My name is still listed as a writing credit on the project logline based on my screenplay.

I emailed him and asked that he remove my name and post the logline to his own version of the script which he says he'll do. Though I have little trust in people which is my nature unfortunately.

Anyway, my question is, since the option expired and my screenplay rights are now back to me, should I concern myself if he doesn't update the correction on IMDB Pro? I ask because I want to submit queries once again and start shopping my script around.

Comments welcome
    sigpicWriting is re-writing

Re: Should I Worry?

Have you contacted IMDB Pro support? That's the place I would start, FWIW.

Comment

Yes, I did contact IMDB Pro and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
      sigpicWriting is re-writing

Comment

If the question is should you worry, I'd say no. Having a little residual clutter or inaccuracy on IMDB is pretty normal and doesn't matter much. But I know when something bugs me I want to take care of it, so keep on him about it and try IMDB support (better yet, have your rep do it - it might get handled quicker).
        https://twitter.com/DavidCoggeshall
        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1548597/

Comment

Originally posted by pickerman123 View Post
          I had my script optioned a year ago (which has since expired and rights are reverted back to me).

The producer at the time of the option did so because he had a similar script but thought mine was much better written.

He listed the project (which was never made) on IMDB Pro along with a bunch of other projects of his which did not get made.

My name is still listed as a writing credit on the project logline based on my screenplay.

I emailed him and asked that he remove my name and post the logline to his own version of the script which he says he'll do. Though I have little trust in people which is my nature unfortunately.

Anyway, my question is, since the option expired and my screenplay rights are now back to me, should I concern myself if he doesn't update the correction on IMDB Pro? I ask because I want to submit queries once again and start shopping my script around.

Comments welcome
          Most reputable/established people in the business use studio system anyway... I really wouldn't worry about this at all.
          Write, rite, wright... until you get it RIGHT.

Comment

Working...
          X