No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a Writing Partner?

GM Ladies and Gents:

Started outlining my fourth script. I'm convinced that dialogue is not my forte. Signs, Unforgiven, Man on Fire, Seven, Exorcist, Affliction have some of my favorite dialogue. Subtle. Plenty of Subtext. Witty.

Looking for a fellow writer with dialogue writing skills to collaborate with me over next 4 weeks. 2 hours a day (7-9 PM ET). Process would work as follows:

I narrate the scene. Character background. Scene intent. Conflict.
    We meet via Zoom the next day and review dialogue, tweak, take notes.
    Repeat.

Any suggestions on where (how) to find talent? I am willing to pay a modest $$ for your time and creative juice.

--fallen

Re: Finding a Writing Partner?

You're not looking for a writing partner -- you're looking for writing help from a writer friend or if you pay them gun for hire. That's how I would word that.

Because a writing partner would get 50/50 of any penny you earn. It's equal and they have say too on what goes and what stays.

Also we all struggle with dialogue. It's part of the script. I never quite got how people separate parts of the script out like that. I do get that some people are better with dialogue but if you can't write any dialogue than I don't see how you can write the script at all. So this is long way to say -- maybe believe in yourself and work on your dialogue to get it better not just look for help from someone else. Because ironically the person you pay you'll find will be worse at dialogue than you - they will just think they are good at it. Aaron Sorkin isn't available to punch up your script.

Comment

Hi Bono - You make great points. All of 'em. Guess I needed a second set of reassurance. Thanks for clearing up the fog. Now, back to writing --fallen

Comment

Holy crap - unless that was sarcastic -- first time I got through to someone!!! I feel alive!!!!

But seriously -- yes believe in yourself and then of course we all need help from friends and readers to point out what isn't working. Even Aaron Sorkin struggles in the dark.

So you can make the same offer to a friend or someone on here -- just leave out the money. And you're just looking for feedback.

Comment

Working...
        X