Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Good Nick

Please watch my new show No Good Nick which launches worldwide on Netflix tomorrow.

What's it about?
    - When thirteen-year-old Nick (short for Nicole) shows up on the Thompsons' doorstep claiming to be a distant relative coming to live with them, this street-smart grifter turns their lives upside down in a hilarious and heartfelt comedy for the whole family. But as Nick schemes and scams her way through every episode, a serialized mystery unfolds that reveals that everything isn't as it first seems.

What's the tone?
    - It's a multicam comedy so it's filmed in front of a live audience and you will hear the audience laughing (when it's funny). But it's also a drama and a mystery so it's filled with serious character moments, clever plot twists, and surprising cliffhangers. Some people are calling it "Scandal- for kids. Unlike other sitcoms, the show is highly serialized, meaning it's meant to be binge-watched.

Who's it for?
    - It's Netflix Family so it's appropriate for ages 8 and up, but it's meant for co-viewing, meaning it's not just for kids, adults will love it, too. Like a TGIF show from the 80s!

How can I watch the show?
    - The first ten episodes will debut on Netflix worldwide at midnight tonight! If you don't have an account, Netflix offers a free trial.
    - But don't worry, the story doesn't end there. Ten more episodes will come out in the fall!

How can I help make the show a success?
    - Watch the show! And it's very helpful to the success of the show to watch all ten episodes-Netflix calls that the "completion rate.-
    - Watch the show sooner rather than later. A show's success is determined within a few weeks of launch!
    - Tell your friends! Have a viewing party! Word of mouth is key. If you like the show, tell your friends and family to check it out. We think they'll be hooked after just one or two episodes.
    - If you really love the show, watch it again! The show is filled with Easter eggs that will only make sense on second viewing.

What's at stake?
    - A second season! If the show is a hit, we'll be renewed for season two and will start writing new episodes right away!

Thank you!
    Dave Steinberg

Re: No Good Nick

Happy to watch it in support of another writer.

Would you be willing to discuss the process of selling to Netflix and how you got your project made? It seems a mystery of how you get a project going with them.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

The show sounds interesting. Good luck, Dave.

Comment

With Sean Astin and Melissa Joan Hart!

Comment

You had me at "Scandal for kids," lol. Congrats, Dave!
          "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
            With Sean Astin and Melissa Joan Hart!
            Cool, I like them. The casting of the young, teen girl is gonna be key though.

Comment

Sure, I'd be happy to. Short answer, and I'm sure it's not going to be a popular one, is that the exec at Netflix worked with us on three prior pilots. He called me in, he had a loose premise, and we went back with the show.

Comment

Watched four eps so far.

The pilot was really good. great dialogue, and I'm a really tough sell on comedies. characters are well constructed and it has great twists. I like the setting and the relationships between the parents and the kids.

Looking forward to seeing Nick get into more trouble than she can handle.

Question about Netflix if I may? What I'm interested in knowing is do they accept submissions without packaging? IE. no attachments? I've always gotten the response that they only look at shows or projects that are totally set up and ready to produce-- that they do NOT develop.

Wondering as their position gains momentum in the industry if they are considering developing anything or does it have to be done ahead?

And congratulations on the show, it's really good.
                "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Thanks for watching!

I would say when it comes to series a package is basically useless. Casting will cast, all you really need is a pitch and a viable showrunner.

Film is different. The more pieces in place the better.

Comment

Working...
                  X