Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Fantastic

Looking forward to seeing this one..although it will probably never appear in my small town....from what I've seen and heard it's a gem among bad summer movies..

Re: Captain Fantastic

Hoping to catch it on Tuesday.

I saw Viggo Mortenson interviewed on Tavis Smiley and the film sounds amazing. Of course, I'd go see Viggo Mortenson in a tractor pull.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Saw a screening. I recommend it. It sounds like damning praise to call it Wes Anderson Lite, but that's the phrase that popped into my head more than once while watching it.

Comment

Just saw it and I really enjoyed it. Didn't really perceive the Wes Anderson connection, but I found it original, smart, and brilliantly acted.

See it soon -- the theater was nearly empty. Which is too bad for a film of this caliber.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
          Just saw it and I really enjoyed it. Didn't really perceive the Wes Anderson connection, but I found it original, smart, and brilliantly acted.

See it soon -- the theater was nearly empty. Which is too bad for a film of this caliber.

Late Night Writer
          Nearly empty cause of the cornyness. Or is it corniness? Another woman used to facilitate the man's emotion. It would of been more interesting to watch Hahn as the role of the mom and she is the survivalist and the dad committed suicide. I guess at the end grandpa was all forgiving.
          I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hearty, till freedom is opportune!

Comment

Really liked it -- probably my favorite movie in the past year.

It was funny and fresh and poetic and moving. It raised interesting questions that don't have easy answers. Wonderful performances and lovely cinematography.
            "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Working...
            X