No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Launch Pad Pilot Competition

Happy 2017.
    Does anyone have experience with this contest?
    The regular deadline is Jan. 8 and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the $75.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: 2017 Launch Pad Pilot Competition

Launch Pad is one of the better-connected/most visible competitions. The judges are all working industry professionals and seem to have a good track record. I got a free submission from placing in a different LP competition, but still think it's worth it and would have paid for a submission even if not.

Comment

I'll also add that I had a script (called "Creator Code") that made "Honorable Mention"... or as I prefer to say (using the organizers' parlance): It was name one of the "“Top 100 Pilots of 2016”. Has a nice ring to it even if it's a bit of hyperbole.
      http://www.tracking-board.com/vote/L...ooklet2016.pdf
      https://www.tblaunchpad.com/script/contests/5

Anyway, the point is to mention that they really did back up their words where it came to staying engaged and promoting the work (and I was at the back end of the Top 100). Their effort seemed genuine and although I haven't been able to parlay the recognition into something bigger, I'll certainly vouch for the contest.

Comment

I was one of the Top 10 last year, and it was a really great experience. If you get into the Top 75 they really push your work hard. I got around 4 meetings before the top 10 was even announced. Probably the best experience I've had in a competition to date.

So, worth it? I say yes.

Comment

I got repped after placing in the Top 10 (in the feature competition). Definitely a contest worth entering.

Comment

As a guy who landed my reps and my first staffing job directly from their pilot competition, I completely endorse this competition. They're the real deal.

Comment

I'm in the top 75 this year and although nothing has come of it (yet) i'm VERY impressed thus far. They definitely have their **** together and do far more than just list your script/name on a web page like most of their peers, even for the top 75.

Comment

Hey congratulations topshelf, is that for their feature contest?

My writing partner and I also made the top 75, and I totally agree with you about their organisation and overall level of effort.

Not sure what will come of it from here, but they've gone above my expectations so far in terms of writer promotion etc.

Comment

Originally posted by WriterNZ View Post

My writing partner and I also made the top 75, and I totally agree with you about their organisation and overall level of effort.

Not sure what will come of it from here, but they've gone above my expectations so far in terms of writer promotion etc.
                  Yep -- in with an animation feature. And likewise on the congrats!

I'm also a dumbass -- just realized the thread title says "pilot" competition. Ooops.

Comment

Originally posted by WriterNZ View Post

Correction: your writing partner and you just made the top 50 ;-)

Comment

My partner and I are town between this and PAGE. Would it be worth it to pay for both?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyOtter View Post
                        My partner and I are town between this and PAGE. Would it be worth it to pay for both?
                        I think it depends on what you're looking for. PAGE is a great competition and placing high could open doors, however Tracking Board actually attempts to make those connections for you. You still have work to do, but having been in the semifinals of both PAGE and Launch Pad, I felt like I got more out of Launch Pad.

If you can only pick one, I'd pick Tracking Board (especially for TV). If you can do both, then definitely do both.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunelm View Post
                          I think it depends on what you're looking for. PAGE is a great competition and placing high could open doors, however Tracking Board actually attempts to make those connections for you. You still have work to do, but having been in the semifinals of both PAGE and Launch Pad, I felt like I got more out of Launch Pad.

If you can only pick one, I'd pick Tracking Board (especially for TV). If you can do both, then definitely do both.
                          Thanks for the insight! I think we're shooting to do both. Just means we need to finalize everything before the deadline next week.

Comment

Working...
                          X