No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no written contract with manager

Hello all.

I'm about to sign with my first manager ever, exciting times.
    When I briefly suggested we should speak about the actual contract, he emailed me that he doesn't work with 'written contract'. He is from a big management company, so it strikes me as a bit odd.

Is it normal? Should I insist on a written contract, or his email with some of his notes about the 10% and etc' is enough?

Thanks.
    Love this forum.

Re: no written contract with manager

Originally posted by beenthere View Post
    Hello all.

I'm about to sign with my first manager ever, exciting times.
    When I briefly suggested we should speak about the actual contract, he emailed me that he doesn't work with 'written contract'. He is from a big management company, so it strikes me as a bit odd.

Is it normal? Should I insist on a written contract, or his email with some of his notes about the 10% and etc' is enough?

Thanks.
    Love this forum.
    No contract needed. Most reputable managers/agents don't use contracts. Just have him email you terms if you want. Like 10 percent is what you pay etc. And you good to go. Congrats.

Comment

Don't worry about it. Not all managers use them.

Once you start making money -- then your agency will likely ask you to fill out some paperwork.
      Twitter @CameronAlxander

Comment

Not having a contract is a good thing. If your manager goes cold on you (or just sucks), it gives you the opportunity to get out. Lots of managers work without one, including mine.

By the way -- congrats!
        QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Oh goodie.
          Good to know it's normal.

THANKS A LOT GUYS!

Comment

Yep, normal.

When you get an agent there may be paperwork about who gets paid what, where, how, etc but managers it's a "hey let's do this thing!" type deal.
            Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Working...
            X