Any good production companies in Toronto?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good production companies in Toronto?

Does anyone know of any good production companies to query?

Cara

There are several...what's your specific need?

Comment

Mind if I butt in?

I am interested in Canuck prod. co.s who are into comedies.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
      CS

Comment

Companies

I'm looking for basically companies that like sports dramas on Canadian hockey. The problem that I have been having is that I'm American and some small production companies receive governmental monies. Anyway, which companies would you suggest to look at in the area?

Thanks a million.

Cara

PS. Yes, Canuck Scribe, you may butt in.

Comment

Re: Companies

One of the most prolific production companies in Toronto, at least in television, is Pebblehut Productions, run by Marilyn Stonehouse.

Comment

jeff schecter

keep pitching those reccommended
            loglines jeff.
            buddy from socal.

Comment

Re: Companies

If you're American and trying to pitch Canadian companies...fuggedaboutit. They'll have to go to one of the governmental agencies to get seed money, and if the script isn't Canadian they can't do it.

Comment

Canadian Film Funding

An American screenwriter could write the best screenplay, yet, about a Canadian hockey team, with all its action taking place in Canada, but, in the funding subsidies offered by the Canadian government, the screenwriter or director must be a Canadian resident to qualify. A Canadian (resident) screenwriter can offer up a mediocre screenplay about an American hockey team set in the (United) States, and that will be considered a Canadian film. Makes a lot of sense, eh?

Comment

Re: Canadian Film Funding

This should get you started. www.mediajobsearchcanada...._video.asp

Comment

Working...
                  X