Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lobster

This came out last year but I just saw it. Certainly is one of a kind. Not sure how to describe it - imagine something written by Michel Houllebecq and directed by Jean Luc Godard on a bad acid trip. I thought the first 45 minutes was fascinating, but by the end I'd decided it was the most irritating thing since DOGVILLE.
    Last edited by mlongton; 05-22-2016, 05:19 PM. Reason: typo

Re: The Lobster

Originally posted by mlongton View Post
    This came out last year but I just saw it. Certainly is one of a kind. Not sure how to describe it - imagine something written by Michel Houllebecq and directed by Jean Luc Godard on a bad acid trip. I thought the first 45 minutes was fascinating, but by the end I'd decided it was the most irritating thing since DOGVILLE.
    good post... I thought this would be quirky and unique, which it was, but after awhile I lost complete interest and could care less about any of the characters. It did very well on rotten tomatoes. Maybe people are just starved for something very different.

SPOILER

The animal cruelty was also pretty disturbing. I'm sure it was done in the name of art but it was just another nail in the coffin for me. It also seemed like they were just patching on scenes toward the ending. Bleak, depressing and boring is how I would describe this movie.

Comment

Working...
    X