Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAA Submissions Department

"Our response to your recent submission was forwarded back to us due to an incorrect address. Please provide your current physical address as we only respond by letter via mail.

Thank you,

CAA Submissions Department"

Has anyone else had a reply by mail from CAA before? If so, what did it say?

The story regarding this. A director PERSONALLY requested my screenplay to be sent to his agent. I followup with the agent's assistant and fill out the NDA paperwork. So now I am confused at what could be sent to me.

A Pass? Wouldn't they just send an email or call? They obviously sent an email to ask for a new address.
    Return to Sender? Why, when it was personally requested?
    Unsolicited Submission? Same as above -- it was requested.
    Last edited by DBense18; 03-28-2009, 01:50 AM.

Re: CAA Submissions Department

Originally posted by DBense18 View Post
    "Our response to your recent submission was forwarded back to us due to an incorrect address. Please provide your current physical address as we only respond by letter via mail.

Thank you,

The story regarding this. A director PERSONALLY requested my screenplay to be sent to his agent. I followup with the agent's assistant and fill out the NDA paperwork. So now I am confused at what could be sent to me.

A Pass? Wouldn't they just send an email or call? They obviously sent an email to ask for a new address.
    A release form

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by spacefarer View Post
      A release form
      The release form is there with the agent -- or at least his assistant. I always call them NDA's by habit.

Comment

The release form is there with the agent -- or at least his assistant. I always call them NDA's by habit.
        I don't know. They are crazy over there. Too many pills.

I had legal dpt stuff mailed to me to my physical address - all we do not accept...

Wait and see.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

So what happens if you live in the 3rd world? It's not like I can include SASE...

Comment

Thank you,

Did you make sure you have the right email address?

Did they want it via email?

Did the subject line indicate it was requested material or was it something like "my screenplay"?

Is it easy to tell that the email was from you, or is your address something like '[email protected]'?

I'd call the assistant back and say that it bounced, verify info, ask for any particular instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
              Did you make sure you have the right email address?

Did they want it via email?

Did the subject line indicate it was requested material or was it something like "my screenplay"?

Is it easy to tell that the email was from you, or is your address something like '[email protected]'?

I'd call the assistant back and say that it bounced, verify info, ask for any particular instructions.
              It was a hard copy screenplay mailed to the Agency, specifically for one director's agent. It's Monday, so I am assuming there will be an email from them today.

Comment

Sorry. I don't know how I mis-read that. I guess I don't get the whole 'current physical address' part.

Comment

Call the assistant and tell her/him that you got this and you want to make sure you're submission is still in --

Comment

I think I'm just not going to bother. If CAA sends it back and the director didn't get a chance to read it, no worries.

Comment

Another Update --

How hard is it for the Submissions Department down in the basement to call up to a higher level to ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION?

There seems to be a delay because no one received a release form which I digitally submitted. OF COURSE the Mailroom won't have my release form, because it is sitting in the inbox of the damn assistant.

So here is the full timeline of this situation.

FEBRUARY 19th - I send a query to a director.
                      FEBRUARY 25th - Receive a request to send to his agent Rand Holston.
                      FEBRUARY 25th - I follow up with the Agent and get an email from the assistant requesting Release Forms to be filled out and submitted.
                      FEBRUARY 26th - I print and scan the release forms and email them back to the assistant.
                      MARCH 10th - My script arrives at CAA
                      MARCH 11th to MARCH 25th - My script was actually sent to the East Coast and forwarded back to Los Angeles like a damn boomerang.
                      MARCH 26th - Get a friendly email about the incident
                      MARCH 27th - APRIL 2nd - In a back and forth struggle with the Submissions Department as they don't believe I was even allowed to submit my screenplay.

I've literally reached the point to where I don't care anymore. I don't care if it gets shredded or read or used as paper planes by mailroom interns.

Sorry for sounding surly, but **** like this from a major agency .... I would have never though it would happen.

Comment

If you love your script, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.

Or something like that...seriously, let it go. If it has legs, it will find its way home.

The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

I don't love it, nor hate it. It is mine, but I wish it wasn't. It is walking, but sometimes it needs a good kick in the ass.

Comment

But the good news is that your script wasn't rejected. Your hunch regarding the timing of events was right. Hopefully this gets straighten out soon.
                            Stupid tv. Be more funny - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Now it is going for Coverage....

I guess this is typical procedure, but the DIRECTOR WANTS TO READ IT. He has said so many times via Email. But not it will go through what -- A week or two in the Coverage period?

So now what can happen? I have a script which is right up this guy's alley, but if it gets a pass coverage, it won't even make it to the agent?

Comment

Working...
                              X