Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gucci Gives Back

Actually this time I wasn't but I've been there before! So I filled in the blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
      LOL. So you really were there. Haha. Okay.

Gucci unplugged is a lot of fun. anyone?
      I think it's prolly my best look. LOL. Stop me when you're done.....
      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
        Someone's got to on his behalf. Good work, Friday.
        HAAAAAAH!

Listen..... FUKK IT! HA!

Comment

LOL. It's wild, wild stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
            Idk man... there's got to be some positivity in all this bullsh!t. No?

Cool that your friend is breathing life into your script! No one knows what the fukk they're talking about, so if a friend (writer/director) says "bro, this is good!" Im'a believe them, and I think you should too. Because what the fukk do these fools know? Ya know?
            It is very cool! And Gucci you're a good egg. Cheer up, son! Do I sound like you, bruh? It's hard to type this way!

I make cynical jokes, because that's where funny lies. But I think most writers are optimists because why the hell else would we keep trying?

I've met lots of cool people in Hollywood. Even the ones who didn't do great by me, I don't think they are evil. It's just a crazy business where like 100 people are ultimately making the decisions when we get to the buyers stage and it's just a lot of dumb luck.

Everyone is afraid to say "Yes" and look foolish as they move up the chain.

If you want to feel good about yourself, write.

If you want to be judged and feel shitty, show your writing to the world.

If you want to feel amazing knowing people may see your movie, well then you got to write and show your work. There's no other way.

Comment

It is very cool! And Gucci you're a good egg. Cheer up, son! Do I sound like you, bruh? It's hard to type this way!

I make cynical jokes, because that's where funny lies. But I think most writers are optimists because why the hell else would we keep trying?

I've met lots of cool people in Hollywood. Even the ones who didn't do great by me, I don't think they are evil. It's just a crazy business where like 100 people are ultimately making the decisions when we get to the buyers stage and it's just a lot of dumb luck.

Everyone is afraid to say "Yes" and look foolish as they move up the chain.

If you want to feel good about yourself, write.

If you want to be judged and feel shitty, show your writing to the world.

If you want to feel amazing knowing people may see your movie, well then you got to write and show your work. There's no other way.
              Fo sho!

I even shared pages of one of my bibles. FUKK IT! (the only part that sucks to me is that my ex will see what I'm working on. Whatetevez.)

But, I wrote 4 things this past year. Not resting on my laurels. I talk a lot, but I also write a lot.

Comment

I only write PMs. Speaking of which, Gucci your PM box is FULL.

Comment

By the way, don't read old emails like I did today from reps, etc. I was reading emails when things just started moving on my last spec that went wide and I got excited all over again -- then i realized wait I know how this ends and it wasn't good... so I got depressed all over again.

It's hard sometimes not to do that. Damn it!

Comment

I only write PMs. Speaking of which, Gucci your PM box is FULL.

People like to get at me... I'm kind of a big deal. HAAAAAAAAH!

Just cleared some space. Hit me!

Comment

By the way, don't read old emails like I did today from reps, etc. I was reading emails when things just started moving on my last spec that went wide and I got excited all over again -- then i realized wait I know how this ends and it wasn't good... so I got depressed all over again.

It's hard sometimes not to do that. Damn it!

Fo realz.

Some of my emails look like I'm a fukkin super-star, but NOPE! Fukkin loser!

Don't read that sh!t.....

Comment

I found a clip of Gucci earlier today. He's the man!!!!

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/sta...807102464?s=20

Comment

HAHA!

Oh sh!t that really is me!

Comment

I didn't want to say anything, but I guess the cat's out of the bag. You really did get to see everything before the edit.

Comment

the first spec i wrote was actually pretty good. had a voice early. didn't let other writers deter me. it's "rulers," as i call them, that can drown our your instinct and your voice, in what doesn't matter.

i went to an expo in california after my divorce. i didn't know what i was doing. just taking as many classes and panels as physically possible. it was on my own dime. the first vacation i'd taken since my honeymoon 7 years prior. my book bag, my readers, flare jeans and stilettos. i'm not shy. i be me.

someone, who to this day i still know not who, paid for Pilar Alessandra to consult me on my very first screenplay. when she called, i was like, "is this some kind of joke? because it's not funny." and she told me no, someone i had met in california at the expo had paid for her services to review my script and offer a full set of notes and a follow up. 90 minutes on the phone, written notes, the full monte, so to speak. at the time, it was a several hundred dollars. more than a mere single mother could spare.

they were the ONLY people who believed in my writing. sadly, they still are-- okay, except for my sister and a very good friend.

i told her, "please extend my gratitude to this person as i am unable to thank them myself." i was truly grateful. and humbled that someone wanted to do something to help a stranger, just from speaking to them.

then, i had another fellow who wrote for Channel 4 who took me under his wing from IMDB and mentored me on the sly. he taught me humility when receiving notes as they could be quite harsh back them. almost exclusively came from "peers" who followed the rules, that i have never done. as they criticized my work i thanked them and took what i needed from their notes to be a better writer, and learned, almost immediately, the importance of the "note behind the note." a rewrite strategy i employ to this day.

i will never forget the moment of epiphany, which today, still rings true and i still learn from. he told me, now that we're moving along, my notes will be less sugar coated as i believe you deserve the truth...

one specific paragraph under attack was in a horror story and he said, you just gave us three lines that basically said, "she brushes her teeth." a very good lesson, indeed. he was far gentler than i.

i wrote with one of the most exceptional writers i have ever known. beautiful, poignant, heart-wrenching... we wrote a spec together and although we didn't do anything with that spec i learned some amazing lessons in how to writer with clarity and conviction. how poetic verse can be tight, visceral and emotionally moving. she's an amazing human being.

that's why i give back to the writer's community. i do what i can to help other writers less fortunate that i am, if that means sharing a contact list, a pilot worksheet i've created, websites i've spent hours researching, notes if requested, offered with a heartfelt desire to help someone along with their journey to bring their story to life in film, or advice, based on experiences i've had-- they are not "everyone's" experience, they are mine.

i sincerely want to help other writers as much as i can, because so many have been so generous to me with their time and consideration.

i cannot let them down.

omg, the drama is killin me.
                              "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by AnyOtherName View Post
                                Ha, that's like the exact opposite of my experience! I've found that anyone who's below VP level is just hustling, trying desperately to prove their value, and will do anything to get a writer to engage on their fake OWAs, etc.

My experience is that the higher up you go, the less likely you are to encounter someone who's trying to get something for nothing.
                                What you say is not untrue I have found them to just be way less likely to ghost/flake if/when they lose interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X